Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Antiques furniture buyer

Options
  • 22-08-2021 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone.

Im looking to find an antiques dealer who can help me price and possibly purchase a collection of furniture I have in my house.

Its a collection of Old Charm furniture, pictured below is one piece. But there's a maybe 8-9 pieces. Including a extendedable circular table & chairs.

Anyone can point me in the right direction to sell this it would be great. Thanks

Comments

Its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. A lot of antique stores are overpriced and it’s a saturated market. The bookcase is lovely, how much are you looking for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have no idea what it's worth really. I saw prices online that are pretty ridiculous. I know I won't get near those. Totally agree that they are only worth what people are willing to pay for them.

Anyone here know how much they are worth?

Seen a side board for £1100 for sale, doubt that's a realistic price at all haha

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

It not an antique, but a reproduction bookcase. Take what you can get !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,773 ✭✭✭Jack burton

How can you tell?

Its obviously not from the 16th century or anything like that 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Diddley Squat

Ah , It's pressed timber and the staining in the groves is always the same. It is different to a natural accumulation that would happen with time.

The hinges will look fairly modern if you look closely , screw type etc

That chair in the back is old but no value.

• Advertisement
Advertisement