Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What If...? - Disney+ (***Spoilers***)

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,892 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 60,289 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The finale was class.

More Agent/Captain Carter please.

The Guardians of the Multiverse.

Yeah great finale. Supposedly the universe Gamora was from was supposed to be the 10th episode but was moved to season 2. Looks like she is from a world where Tony ends up in Sakaar instead of Thor or Hulk

Very good. Honestly, however, that needed an hour to tell properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,795 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Poor Bernard from accounting.

Don't suppose Hayley Atwell has been working out a lot lately in preparation to bring Captain Carter to live action?

I see they got Kurt for the Ego role. Though was that just from Guardians 2? But sure Kurt has been working with Disney often throughout his career from the likes of The Computer wore Tennis Shoes to the excellent but often forgotten Sky High.

Was thinking maybe the world Natasha was left on was the main world but that wouldn't fit with what we saw.

• Advertisement

On that spoiler

The Urban Legend at one time was that Walt Disney's last words spoken before he died were Kurt Russell.

The actual truth was the last words Walt Disney wrote before he left his office for the last time before he died were Kurt Russell.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,230 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Think the world Natasha was left on at the end was the one where Hank Pym killed the Avengers. So Steve was there (he hadn't been found yet by the time of Hank killing the others) and Cap Marvel (who showed up at the end of that episode), but don't think there were any others. Also tied all the episodes together.

Ah,that would make more sense. Forgot about that world. And Loki attacking

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well the end of (this season of?) What If...? Good Season! Well made! 🙂

9: Well that was grand! Decent story, good nods and fan service. Some real cool comic moments too!

Really like the Natasha jump and nod to Clint. Damn it felt bad that she was so alone in her Universe in the pub in the end. She fought literally to the end. Hope she gets on well in the new one.

Good big ole

Battle as well. I think being given a Guardians level label and not an Avengers felt proper enough. The battle was a little Avengery finale-y feeling but the level felt more Guardians-...ey? 🙂

Real locking in the fans

about the Peggy and Steve relationship.. I definitely had some feels about the idea they'd get together again.. maybe the Natasha backdrop helped

Which reminds me.. There's a Mid-Credits scene in case anyone missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,561 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That was awesome. I went to watch Tuesday night going to bed and it was not there yet but was tonight thankfully. Thor is gas.

If that is what they came up with for season 1 I can not wait for season 2 it should be epic too.

Still Must be offaly sad and a bit weird being the watcher.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,810 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Bit at the end, could be worse, I'd say he Longford some action.

____

Season 2 of the animated series What If…? is set to debut December 22 on Disney+. In the spirit of the holiday season, the streamer will be releasing the episodes one at a time over the course of nine nights.

Starts tomorrow and drops 1 episdoe a day for the next 9 days.

I recommend you skip intro everytime as the cast list can tend to spoil surprise cameos like a Captain Marvel character turning up in a Guardians centred show or to that effect

Blade Runner and Die Hard. What other movies could inspire upcoming episodes.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,847 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Of the three new episodes so far the second one was strongest I thought, but all three were enjoyable. Agree about skipping intro.

Ms

Of all the episodes I have watched so far I think 3 and 4 have been the best. 5 was good too. 1 and 2 were not really that good I thought. I am on episode 6 now.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭nachouser

Ep 08 is absurdly good.

• Advertisement
    Ms

Can someone tell me WTF Kahhori is and what was she in?

Fu-ck it. I decided to skip 6 and 7 for now and going to episode 8. Great thing about this series is you can watch them in any order.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

She is a new character created for What If....?

Some of the episodes tie together in the finale.

Though the Hela in the finale seemed to be the evil one but then she gave the helmet.

Also think both Kahhori and Peggy were portrayed as too powerful, including the shield. Strange was pretty much an Avengers/Guardians of the Multiverse level threat who destroyed things like Thor's Hammer yet couldn't destroy Peg's shield.

Overall a good season and a third coming. Clip from season 3 below

I'm guessing Kahhori was brought in in place of Makani of The Eternals, (the speedy deaf mute lady). The animators probably didn't fancy the challenge of making a character do accurate sign language throughout an episode or two.

Was keeping an eye on the cast list at the end to see who's back and who's subbed. They got really good soundalikes for RDJ and Scarlett Johansson, thought Cate Blanchett sounded a bit off in her episode but a bit better in the finale.

I'd like to see a couple of stories featuring TV show characters. I can imagine Iman Vellani would be down for a "What if Kamalla was an Iron-Man fan girl and met him" kind of story.

Advertisement