Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Foot pump

Options
  • 07-10-2021 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if these are any good to have in a car for an emergency

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,315 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd look at electric tyre inflators instead, some are driven from the cigarette lighter connection, others have their own power held via battery...

https://www.aldi.co.uk/12v-li-ion-mini-air-compressor/p/018239285168700

• Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Electric inflator is the way to go, unless you fancy a leg workout too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭zg3409

The very cheap manual and electric tyre pumps can break or bend easily. They can be bought for a few euro from china, but try better models as I have had them melt within 4 minutes.

I tend to find a local garage with free air, with a digital display and go there once every few months. I have a digital readout on my car if the pressure of each tyre. The cheap inflator is for absolute emergencies as I expect any regular use will cause it to reach end of life quickly.

A tow rope, jump leads, spare tyre, jumper starting pack are all near essentials along with proper maintenance and checking tyres for damage and thread depth. I have a thread depth dial which is very handy for deciding when to rotate and replace tyres. I tend to replace tyres coming into winter with more wet roads and less grip. I also have free breakdown from dealer warranty and many have it on their insurance policy as say 30 euro extra annual fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

There was a thread late last year on tyre inflators which has a load of links in it for foot and electrically operated ones here: Recommend a tyre inflator — boards.ie - Now Ye're Talkin'

Might be worth a shot looking through it to get some tips. 🙂

Advertisement