Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AC Charging Rates by car type at the 22kW charger such as Lidl

• 05-10-2021 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭

Wondering what the different cars pull. would be obliged the data was added. Thanks as always

VW ID3 first :11kW

Leaf 6.6 or 3.3

Zoe

Hyundai

Kia

Tesla

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,815 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So I'm going by what the manufacturer states, not actual charging. For AC I don't think 10.7kW versus 11kW is going to make much difference

All the mid and bug battery ID cars will take 11kW. Small battery ones will take 7kW

Zoe will pull 22kW

E-Niro will pull 7kW for the 2020 model and 11kW for the newer version I think

Kona same as E-Niro

Model S will pull 11kW for 22kW with the dual charger add-on

Not sure if same option for Model X

Model 3 pulls 15kW I think

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

https://ev-database.org/ is your friend. I find it really useful.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Model 3: 11kW (all versions)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭markpb

Model X is 11 by default or 16.5 with the extra upgrade. I don’t think it can be upgraded to 22 but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

Ah, I remember one of Bjorn's cars charging at 15 or 16kW, must have been his Model X

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

early Tesla Model S with dual charger pulls 22.5kW off all the 22kW AC charge points

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 64,730 ✭✭✭✭unkel

My 7.5 year old Tesla pulls up to 23kW from any of those AC charge points. It depends on the local grid voltage. If the grid voltage is 240W, you get:

32A * 240V * 3 phases = 23kW

Sometimes the local grid is only 230V, then you get 22kW. I've even seen it below 230V a couple of times

• Registered Users Posts: 12,188 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Thanks for this, any database showing EVs by make in the country

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Probably your best bet is looking at new car starts, you can probably work it out from there

• Advertisement
Advertisement