Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Issues with Audi, anything i can do or just grin and bear it?

• 29-09-2021 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭

As some of you know i took delivery of a new etron 50 around a year ago.

I am very happy with it when everything is working as it should but there has been a few niggles.

Firstly the motorised charging flap stopped working, one side first then both sides, and the whole charger ended up being replaced on both sides. Car was back to them a few times to get this diagnsed, resolved and new parts fitted.

Thats fine, can happen.

Now about 3 months ago the car lost all connectivity to external sources so the app cant connect, the upgraded light options i bought from the online store cant bea verified and now dont work and i think related the sat nav is about 2km out from correct location. They have had the car for about 3 weeks now on and off working on this, recently replacing some parts which i have just been told this morning didnt resolve the issue.

They seem to think they are doing me a favour by providing a diesel q5 as a loan car and at the moment have no firm update and what they are going to do to fix the issues. Such matters are out of our control says the aftersale manager.

Presume i just need to grin and bear it but it is more than a little disappointing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭kennethsmyth

I would of told them to pay for fuel or provide another similar ev. Its their problem not yours for such a new car.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Audi Ireland have a 3 years manufacturers warranty according to their website , the car is faulty...

https://www.audi.ie/ie/web/en/customer-area/audi-service/audi-warranty.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,801 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I'd certainly be demanding the car is returned to you if it's in drivable condition. If there's parts on order then they can replace them when they arrive

Unfortunately customer satisfaction is the absolute lowest priority with every car brand in Ireland. Haven't met any of them that cared an iota about you once they'd sold you the car

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 19,646 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Problem is they can't diagnose the issue so if they give the car back it won't be repaired!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Unfortunately customer satisfaction is a pretty low priority for businesses in general in 2021, If the after sales manager is coming out with crap like .. “ such matters are out of our control “ ...id have my solicitor on speed dial... not only a drivable condition I’d want it back in an ‘as new’ and completely roadworthy and functional condition.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I remember watching this (can't find the original video) a year or so ago. Poor guy.

just realised i first raised this issue in March, i had forgotten it was that long ago,

just sent a sternly worded email 😁 to everyone at the audi centre and the head of audi ireland, lets see how we go

Well the problem is most likely in the infotainment or the telrmatics unit (assuming it's separate)

So maybe demand they order a new one and get the car back until it arrives? It probably will take a while for parts like that given the shortage of semiconductors

I mean, you've paid for an E-Tron, you should be getting one and not a Q5

yes i agree, and once you go electric driving a diesel anything is a penance.

I have told them as much and if they cant resolve the issue by the end of october ill look at returning the car given the issue was first raised almost 6 months ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Record all the time and dates. The non fixes, the time without your car, your diesel bills and take to solicitor.

Writing to them yourself is only good in terms of record keeping but they won't act.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭carsfan2

With the times we are in, the dealer would probably be happy to take the car back to have one to sell from stock.

There's a plan, demand a full refund for the car. Then buy it back after they've fixed it, saving some money from deprecation

Yeah I know the real world doesn't work like that, but one can hope

Probably worth contacting SIMI and the CCPC as well, I'm pretty sure this fall's into consumer rights territory

Do you have it in writing that they're unable to diagnose the problem? I think that'll be a key bit of evidence

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Did you get any joy from Audi or the dealer yet on this Cyrus?

nothing really yet, audi have taken over had a call yesterday, they are trying to replace the loaner q5 with a Q4 etron which is better. apparently there are a load of parts on order to rectify the issue.

if they can get me an EV for the period that my car is in the garage and timeline for a repair ill bear with it.

better news today, car is back and is working, they had to replace a few more parts but got there in the end.

Unfortunately it now means my spare key needs to be recoded to back we will go for that. Hopefully thats it.

Audi themselves have promised some sort of gesture of goodwill so will see what that is.

Glad to hear you're getting somewhere, enjoy the Audi branded coffee mug or keyring they inevitably give you as a "gesture" 😉

ill report back, itll be more than that i am led to believe 😀

• Advertisement

I hope it is, you'd expect a car costing around 100k to have excellent service when something goes wrong, not the shambles you seemed to be dealing with

Advertisement