Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

€1 Promotional Fare Across Cork Limerick, Navan And Athlone Town Bus Services

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Why is this not on Leap also instead of leaving us with two totally separate ticketing infrastructures?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I'm wondering the same myself, this seems pointless for the likes of Cork City buses services that already support the Leap card. It does make sense for commuter and intercity type services, but not for city type services.

I notice that these tickets are for 90 minutes of travel, so perhaps this is how they will implement the 90 minute ticket outside of Dublin.

Does anyone know how these tickets work on city bus services. Do you just show the ticket on your phone to the driver as you board? Does the driver need to scan the ticket somehow? Or enter a code off the ticket on their ticket machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Even if there was a way to transfer the ticket to your leap card that would be great. The TFI Go app also has a different account login to Leap card app - it all seems very disjointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

It has Dublin commuter routes listed, is this offer available for those routes also?!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No. The promotional fare is only for the Bus Éireann town and city services as per the link at the top of the page.

You can buy single journey tickets for the other BE routes listed at normal LEAP prices, and 10 Journey tickets also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,542 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I don't think that it is valid for 90 minutes travel. It's valid for one bus journey at a time per the link below.

You buy the ticket online through the app, and then separately activate it through the app before boarding the bus, and just show it to the driver.

Once you've activated it, the ticket expires after 90 minutes - in other words you must start your journey within 90 minutes of activating the ticket.

https://www.transportforireland.ie/tfi-go-app/

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

"Once you've activated it, the ticket expires after 90 minutes - in other words you must start your journey within 90 minutes of activating the ticket."

You are right, I glossed over it, reading the ticket in the app it says "Each single trip is valid for 90 minutes after activation."

Also the 10 tickets expire 28 days after purchase.

"You buy the ticket online through the app, and then separately activate it through the app before boarding the bus, and just show it to the driver."

Do you know does the driver have to scan the ticket or enter the ticket number somehow or just quickly glance at it?

Advertisement