Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much will a Woom/Frog hold their value?

Options
  • 04-10-2021 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭

Afternoon. Looking at a Woom or Frog for the young'n. Looking at €440.

Is it reasonable that in four years or so, after both he and his younger brother have been through it, it would fetch €300?

He loves his little 14" bike and is great on it. But he's far too big for it.

Am trying to convince Mrs. dingbat that 440 quid minus resale value is not actually a bad idea. Currently I am being looked at as if I'm insane to think of spending that much on a child's bike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭oinkely

i found the islabike i bought second hand, and used for three kids sold again for in or around what i paid for it about 5 years later. So yeah, it seems they do hold their value well. Look at it another way - i gave away three pretty decent bikes from decathlon that the kids had outgrown because they were in the way and weren't getting any traction on adverts etc. they were in the region of €150 each new.

A new isla / frog would probably have cost the same overall, but the initial outlay with the decathlon bikes was way lower. To be fair, they are good bikes and our kids flew on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

These type of bikes are great as they are very light compared to the cheaper steel bikes. Kids thus love riding them.

All bike prices are inflated at the moment and who knows what the real value will be in a couple of years.

If you look after the bike though it will definitely sell. Store it indoors to avoid any rusting.

All Frog bikes are very hard to get at the moment and 2nd hand ones are snapped up very quickly. Many bike shops are taking them back if you trade up as they know they will resell quickly.

Advertisement