Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chrome Ad Blocker frustration

Options
  • 25-09-2021 10:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Been having issues viewing some sites of late using Chrome.

For example. soccerstats.com . When I go to the site, I get the following : "Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If you are using an ad blocker, please consider supporting us by disabling the blocking of ads for our website in your ad blocker. Thank you."

I tried going into the site settings and changing both "Pop-ups and redirects" & "Ads" to ALLOW.

I then reloaded the site but it doesn't make a difference. Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,131 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

What ad blocker are you using? You can disable the blocker on a site-by-site basis or manually add sites to your whitelist.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Craig_David

The ad blocker functionality that comes with Chrome.

I did try adding the site to the safelist but it didnt seem to make a difference unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

Just use Firefox to view the websites that don't work or disable the ad blocker or use the brave browser. See brave. Com

Brave has been great for the last while I've been using it. Used Opera for years and then some.

Ads on youtube? What ads ????

RE: the site the op mentioned I get nagged about an ad blocker but I can still use it / click away the initial nagging message.

Advertisement