Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mortimer and Whitehouse gone fishing

• 10-08-2018 9:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭

thought there might have been a thread for this wonderful gem of a show already

its been renewed for a second series on bbc 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,617 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Bump dat thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

welcome back paul n bob :)

• Subscribers Posts: 40,978 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Excellent, I loved this.

Feargal Sharkey! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Hate fishing, love Mortimer and Whitehouse Go Fishing!

Bob’s song at the end was brilliant! :D

Just watched back last night’s epsiode!

Bob lighting the mini gas cooker :eek: :D

Just watched back last night’s epsiode!

Bob lighting the mini gas cooker :eek: :D

The food looked terrible

• Advertisement

Last episode in the series :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

Just utterly wonderful.

Gone Christmas Fishing
    Mortimer & Whitehouse: Gone Fishing
    Gone Christmas Fishing follows Bob Mortimer as he returns to his childhood roots in Middlesbrough to fish and reminisce with his dear friend and angling mentor Paul Whitehouse.

Release date:13 December 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 13,291 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Tonight.

Chris Rea!

Alan Partridge will be jealous :D

Chris Rea!

Alan Partridge will be jealous :D

Well that was rather good. I spent 30 years working in Middlesbrough and I know all those locations. (Most of them not in the Boro at all)
    I attended Saint Mary's College and knew the brothers of Chris Rea quite well and met Chris on numerous occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

OldRio wrote: »
    Well that was rather good. I spent 30 years working in Middlesbrough and I know all those locations. (Most of them not in the Boro at all)
    I attended Saint Mary's College and knew the brothers of Chris Rea quite well and met Chris on numerous occasions.

Is his wife a vegetarian?

Sorry I have no idea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,902 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

OldRio wrote: »

Such a weird town afair. Isn't there a load of shops or town centre under a big dual carriageway overpass? And the ICI works like a huge welcome to Middlesborough sign.

Went to Ayresome Park and Riverside a couple of times and did a bit of shop fitting in Stockton for a couple of weeks, we went out at night a few times but couldn't tell you where. Age and alcohol means recollections are very vague :pac: As a southerner they were either very friendly people, or the complete opposite, they don't do things by halves up there!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Haha.. Thats right, a big road over the town. Its a rough place, built on steel and petrochemical industry.

Spent many happy times in the Irish club that was near the old cathedral (both gone now) in an area nick named 'over the border' Circa early 1970s. This area was the rough area in a rough town. Not for the faint hearted.

The bongo club was another 'well known' establishment.
    Ah now I've gone down a well of nostalgia. Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭ooter

Really enjoyed that, bob really is a very nice man.
    I was in Middlesbrough about 10 years ago for a football game, didn't see a lot of the place but what I did see was pretty depressing, the pub we were in was like stepping in to a time machine.
    Just wanted to say that bob Mortimer has a really good podcast called athletico mince, pretty off the wall stuff but that's Bob's style, it's very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,576 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

ooter wrote: »
    Really enjoyed that, bob really is a very nice man.
    I was in Middlesbrough about 10 years ago for a football game, didn't see a lot of the place but what I did see was pretty depressing, the pub we were in was like stepping in to a time machine.
    Just wanted to say that bob Mortimer has a really good podcast called athletico mince, pretty off the wall stuff but that's Bob's style, it's very good.

Athletico Mince is the best thing ever.

New series begins next Sunday at 8pm on BBC Two.

Last in the series :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,354 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Bob Mortimer's new autobiography 'And Away' is superb. Well worth a read/listen

Ted was the star of the show! Loved this gentle programme.

Never have I seen a dog with such an underbite! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,835 ✭✭✭RayCon

Every time the dog is on screen I just keep hearing a gruff voice saying "sausages". 😀 I blame That's Life (showing my age there)

Advertisement