Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Christmas 2021 Checklist

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭DvB

yeah, wasn't a fan of the early morning starts. Didn't fit well into my routine at all. Did hear an interesting fact re: the Paris games, apparently it'll have the largest distance between venues in the history of the games. The surfing will be held in Taihiti (over 10k km's away) with most other events in Paris or its surrounding areas.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oh, that is interesting! 😀

Only heard that on the radio this morning on the way in to work.

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Just looked it up there. 15,706 KM to be exact 😀

Now that is an Olympic record!!

BT shop can be crossed off now, my kids are back in school next Thursday too ( all the local schools are) so that'll be another one down.

Getting to the stage of the year where we'll be marking these off more quickly, the Ber months really are the start of the build up.

• Advertisement

Yep, definitely get more for a Christmas vibe these days. Not sure if it's the weather, school back or the up tick in traffic around here. Most likely a bit of all of them.

I agree, think it's a combination.

List updated. 😊

3 more can be marked off now.... kids are well & truly back in school, the late late show was back last Friday & tubs of sweets have appeared across the land 😀

A triple up!

30 left however these will fly by as is top heavy towards the end of the year, obviously.

yeah, its great seeing the rate of these getting marked off increasing as we get into the ber months.

• Advertisement

All Ireland finals are done now, and tomorrow we hit our 100 days milestone... Next Tuesday we have bake off back too!!!

Ripping through this now.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

ploughing champs start today

Wow, it's all going on. 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Really Strictly?

I seen the line up a week or so ago maybe I have baby brain but I don’t think I knew any of them….oh I tell a lie Queen of the jungle husband is in it isn’t he Tom Fletcher?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

You are correct about Tom. I prob know 5 out of the lineup the rest not a clue. But for me strictly lineup is less about the celebs and more about the journey.

Its easy Saturday night viewing.

I just found since Covid its like some of the really well known celebs that would be normally dying to do Strictly aren't if that makes sense, I love the professionals, not sure if I will get to tune in this mammy business is hard 😀

All Ireland finals, Strictly, 100 Days, ploughing championship & GBBO can all be marked off now.

5 more checked off!!!

Will be into the teens then single figures on this one before we know it!

Smyth's, Boots, Argos catalogue

Halloween HQ open stores

Christmas cakes/puddings are made

Gift sets/wrapping paper etc. begin to appear in shops

Christmas Scratch Cards

Most selection box, biscuits, sweets etc. in stock

October Bank Holiday

Halloween 31st October and clocks go back.

1st November

Christmas coffee cups

Christmas ads

Christmas Coca Cola bottles and ads.

Ice Skating rinks open

Cities/Shopping centres turn on their lights

Santa Grottos open

Christmas FM launches

The Late Late Toy Show and Black Friday 26th November

First Sunday of Advent 28th November

The Late Late Toy Show

December 1st

Party food, brandy butter, etc. in store

RTE Christmas guide

Christmas hams arrive in Supermarkets

Fresh Turkeys etc. in stock

Shortest day of the year

Work places/Schools get their Christmas holiday

The list has gotten so much shorter now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,763 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The 2021/2022 PDC World Darts Championship on sky will start on the night of Wednesday 15th December 2021

One of the best Christmas traditions

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Pistachio19

Got the Smyths catalogue in the post last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Got one in the post today.

Youngest person in the house is 19 😊 I must look up how to get ourselves off their mailing list.

My niece and nephew, "I'm getting that" at every toy ad. 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 30,183 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas Scratch Cards are out!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭ Gloria Handsome Refugee

Sent off my Christmas card design to the printers.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

Smyth's, Boots, Argos catalogue

Halloween HQ open stores

Christmas cakes/puddings are made

Top one can probably be crossed off (Boots one anyone know?)

I would assume any Halloween related stuff is up and running by now.

Am not a baker, so not sure about the last one! Any of you GBBO fans made your cakes or puddings yet??

Made a fruit soda over the weekend if that counts!? 😁

• Advertisement

That cracks me up👌

My godson use to be the same I’m getting that then a big I’m soooo getting that 😂 only talking about it the other day

Advertisement