Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's happening With City Direct Bus to Cappagh Road.

Options
  • 01-10-2021 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭

I'm hearing from lots of folk that the bus drivers for the 410 Eyre Square - Via Salthill - Cappagh Road seem to be inventing their own routes for the bus rather than sticking to the standard route, I've heard from a number of people that they had been waiting at appointed times and no sign of the bus, I find it surprising there is no thread about this.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Comments

Yes! I have seen them come from Shangort Road onto the Ballymoneen Rd and turning left onto the Barna Road and skipping across to Cappagh Road instead of going up Ballymoneen Rd.

I haven't been on the bus since Covid so thought maybe the routes had changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

My son goes to St Marys (or whatever it's called now) and he and his friends are so fed up with the bus either driving past them or not coming at all. They've all but given up on it as it's been so unreliable. Now they're annoying us for lifts. Since returning to school he's gone from taking the bus home 3 or more times a week to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,387 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I'd say the main reason is because of the traffic in town and stupid parking congestion outside schools along routes, buses are delayed all over the place. Eglinton St, a main bus thoroughfare, is consistently congested these days

I know Mayor Connolly was on about this recently that daytime bus schedules are generally not reliable anymore due to the volume of cars on the road

For a long time they've occasionally skipped going down the Ballymoneen when going back towards town if they were running behind schedule. Waited with a big group on Ballymoneen Rd before when we saw two buses pass straight through the WDR roundabout. Eventually gave up. I'd say at least the second of those buses passed the large group waiting on the outbound leg.

Not good enough from City Direct. I 've found the communication from them re routes etc abysmal, they have licences to fulfil certain routes and this is not up to par. The City Transport SPC would be one group to contact, Frank Fahy is chair, he is fairly sound, and would at least attempt to address this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,671 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Not their remit: councils in Ireland are not responsible for public transport.

Complain to the NTA,who are the licensing authority for public transport.

https://www.nationaltransport.ie/bus-licensing/make-a-complaint/

Advertisement