Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW7 Captain

• 01-10-2021 10:20am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On Ronaldo at the moment.

*Lukaku(SOU), can't get the help.

GW7 Captain 110 votes

Ronaldo(EVE)
    22% 25 votes
    Lukaku(CHE)
    47% 52 votes
    Wood(NOR)
    0% 1 vote
    Jiminez(NEW)
    0% 1 vote
    PEA(bri)
    0% 0 votes
    Vardy(cry)
    0% 1 vote
    Kane(AST)
    0% 0 votes
    Antonio(BRE)
    21% 24 votes
    Salah(MCI)
    5% 6 votes
    Other, mention in thread.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

Transferred Lukaku in this week, he wears the armband. Hopefully the goals follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

Antonio for me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I know people are saying it's a tight call (mostly Lukaku vs Ronny) but it's definitely Lukaku for me. Yes Chelsea have been poor the last couple of games, and Soton have shown they can shut out a top team. But they are also capable of an absolute defensive implosion under Hassenhuthel. Two 9-0 defeats in two years is quite an achievement.

Lukaku's last game at home against a non-top side he scored 2. I think Soton's centre-backs will struggle to deal with his brute force.

Let's face it, Everton will finish ahead of Soton this year, and United have looked out of sorts their last 2 home matches. I could see Rafa getting the tactical upperhand on Ole, and they're currently on 3rd best XGa this season (albeit they've had nice fixtures).

There's possibly some other tempting options in here for those that own them - Antonio, Jiminez, Vardy. But Lukaku is still where my pick would be I think even if I owned these players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Anto for me. Tempted by ronaldo but the sat morn curse could happen again

• Registered Users Posts: 19,637 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Based on nothing but form, Salah has to get the armband right? Lukaku has had 1 shot over the last 2 games - which has got to be a worry while Southampton have been defensively strong against top teams so far this season. Don't like captaining someone in the early kick off, which rules Ronaldo out, and wouldn't be overly confident captaining anyone else -

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,012 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Not sure if I fancy Lukaku against Chelsea's defence! 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Lukaku (C), Ronaldo (VC)

Just on that point about Lukaku's two goals against Aston Villa - that was also his first game at home since returning to Chelsea, so there was more incentive to score he wanted to show the home fans what he could do etc.- I would say similar to Ronaldo's first game back - prove any doubters wrong. It's not that Rom hasn't score the last few games that would concern me, it's that he's had 1 shot in last 2 - he's not even shooting much. Sure he might prove me wrong, but he's not firing in the same way as Salah is or even Antonio/Ronaldo is for instance. I'd nearly hold more hope of Kane out scoring Lukaku this weekend to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,221 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Rom for me Antonio vice ........

Maybe vice versa

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Still traumatized from previous times of captaining Lukaku, i'll be happy if he scores. Captaining early kick offs is always a disaster so avoiding Ronaldo

Antonio is a good shout but Salah is the only player approaching fixture proof, he gets the armband for me*

*Subject to Eamon Dunphy levels of flip flopping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Having watched the Champions League games this week, I'm strongly leaning towards Salah (over Ronaldo).

He's looking as sharp as I've ever seen him tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Can't abandon Salah when he's in this form.

Was tempted by Lukaku and Vardy.

I think it's easier to captain Lukaku against Southampton than it is easier to captain an inform Salah against a City team that is not conceding goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I’m personally stuck between Ronaldo and Lukaku and think I’m going with Lukaku.

Have Salah too but not considering him. He’s on fine form and could get a return or two but I watched the Chelsea v City game last week and City were excellent, can’t see them conceding much.

I think thought care needs to be taken when you look at City's form and CS record. First game of season they conceded and could have conceded more than one. Then they played Norwich followed by a depleted Arsenal team that played most of the game with 10 men. So those two fixtures don't tell us much.

Southampton game they were denied a very debatable penalty after VAR got the ref to look at the monitor - At the time many here didn't agree with the decision. And finally the Chelsea game that while I didn't see it many see to think that Chelsea player defensively - indeed Lukaku didn't have a single shot.

Liverpool with the players they have will play to win and so I think it will be a more open game with goals, and with Salah's form if Liverpool score it's most likely going to be him. Makes the Super Sunday game more fun when your captain is playing as well.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why did you post this????? I was between Ronaldo and Antonio, now you've convinced me to throw Salah back in the mix.

Antonio is a decent shout, but I don't have him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Agree with all that is said about Salah looking sharp as ever.. I was really tempted to go with him at home v Chelsea but backed out.

Had I of went with that I’d of stuck with him v another top side but these strikers don’t get all there goals in the big games so backing out of this one.

Going with Lukaku as Chelsea are title contenders & therefore will score goals (and plenty). he is their go to man & they are at home. Jimi bullied these centre halves & this indicates they don’t like the big strong centre forwards who like to roll them.. Lukaku to get back to scoring form & to get add to that with 1 from the pen spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Is Lukaku taking pens off Jorginho? I can’t remember a Chelsea pen being awarded this season

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I've captained Salah in every GW so far this season, tempted to stick with him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Don’t have Lukaku, so going with Antonio.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭Xander10

went with Antonio in the end.

Was tempted to transfer in Lukaku for Ronaldo and put the armband on him.

Banked in the end, to keep 2 FT for after International break.

Nervous about this, first week without either Salah or Ronaldo as Capt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

Salah.

form over fixtures.

Good post.

But I'm also glad that I was offline up until now and didn't see this, as it would have definitely given me a captain headache!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭893bet

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

As a Liverpool fan delighted as a FPL owner devasted I took a punt on Antonio. Set and forget from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Mo Salah, No Problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭siblers

• Advertisement
Advertisement