Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing Own Christmas Card Design

Options
  • 01-10-2021 12:59pm

I’ve created my own Christmas card cover picture design, and want to get it printed out professionally, with my own customised greeting etc inside. I’m an artist and well used to designing stuff and have used Photobox many times to great effect with photo books. However I find their card design portal hopeless, can’t seem to control landscape/portrait mode etc. I hate sites like Snapfish etc that impose a multitude of their own tacky templates. I want full control of what goes on/in the card.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I know my eldest designed their own card in school and then the school got them printed and you could buy them as a school fund raiser. I can't remember the printer off the top of my head however if you check with a local school they might do something similar.

I’m not affiliated with any schools in any way. I just really want a very dime to use website. Photobox has been that to me for photo books but doesn’t seem to have properly scripted their card design application. And most of the other commercial sites impose horrible tacky stuff you are kind of forced to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Hallaz

Search for website zazzle

They do customised good, include cards and have a sale on now.

This might be somewhere to start.

I’ve just designed and placed order with Zazzle. A little tricky, left inside plain, but that suits me fine as I send annual greeting cards to non Christian people overseas, so good to have it neutral.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Good to hear you got sorted.

PS. love the username!!

• Advertisement

my username was decided upon in an instant of absolute frustration which I e described in other threads. Basically a bug in the site’s JavaScript seems to have managed to stop me using the site under a previous username so I had to re-join if I was going to be able to post again!

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Almost time to think of starting g to actually get those cards written! Hate it all being rushed last minute as I’ve a few other things lined up to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,792 ✭✭✭sporina

anyone know where to buy blank cards and envelopes? i wanna make my own cards with photos I have printed out

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Hallaz

Have you tried Zazzle mentioned above? Maybe you don't have to personalise goods and can get blanks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If you have any form of local printers / thesis centre they can generally do all of this for you. My local one certainly can, its a special order rather than instant but its still only a day or so.

• Advertisement

These are the printed ones I got from Zazzle from a photographed little painting I did for the purpose. I am pleased with the quality of the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

I use Vistaprint to get my Christmas cards printed. Quality is usually excellent.

Advertisement