Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Naas Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭pale rider

Anybody having broadband issues with Vodafone in Naas since yesterday ?, complete loss of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,115 ✭✭✭pad199207

Butlers Chocolate Cafe and IKEA click and collect coming to north Main Street outside Dunnes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Wow, they’re two thing I like. I know it’s another coffee shop to some, but only like butlers myself. Couldn’t picture where IKEA click and collect location would be.

Butlers will be a very welcome addition imo. Fabulous food and coffee there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

That's a terrible location for an IKEA, no parking, needs to be outside the town in one of the free parking shopping centres like woodie's, Harvey's etc.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Couldn’t agree more. They must think that parking is plentiful in Dunnes 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭jrosen

Is it really going to be an ikea pick up point? Thats absolutely madness. Who are these idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Loving the new Starbucks, not having to get out of the car is pretty sweet!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

Can’t believe KCC allowed Dunnes to go ahead. It’s a nightmare at most times and at peak times, causes congestion all through the town and up the Sallins and Dublin roads. Not like we have buses to get into Naas on… we are literally limited to our cars and Dunnes is permanently swamped with its car park that is the size of a Centra. Any new shops or developments need to happen in Monread or inside the new shopping centre. The town’s infrastructure is not capable of anything.

• Advertisement

Pre Dunnes when it was Superquinn it was a **** show for parking. Id argue even worse then. I was in Naas today, around the 4pm park and even then the car park at Eddie rockets was full. I got the last space.

KCC dont seem to give a flying **** about the infrastructure.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭you2008

There so many idiots even put Dunnes there in the 1st place.............. how many times my car was hit by other car open the door

You could somewhat argue that the Dunnes was needed! But no one needs an Ikea pick up point in the town. Its much better suited to outside of town with customer parking of its own.

I never said not needed, but not over there ............

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,055 ✭✭✭✭beertons

For it to work, there would need to be a loading bay outside it. As it stands, you can't make a delivery to it. Harvey Norman has all that.

Since Dunne's opened I have been in the town far more frequently. Before Dunne's, I rarely went into the town during the day. If it brings more people into the town who then go on to spend in other stores in the town, I can easily forgive the traffic issue.

On the other hand, IKEA pickup in a town is just a crazy idea. It needs to be in one of the out of town centres like Monread.

I just read that its suppose to be a pop up planning location. So people would use it for kitchen/wardrobe planning. Didnt mention anything about it being a pick up point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Why do people believe utter sh1te that is posted on Facebook.

IKEA are NOT, I'll repeat, NOT, opening a click and collect point in Naas.

It will be a by appointment planning studio for kitchens and bedrooms.

It will not sell any product to take away and it will not be a collection point.

Here's the details of the studio they opened in Denmark https://www.ingka.com/news/first-ikea-planning-studio-opens-in-copenhagen/

Sigh of relief so

Thanks God

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

annoying part is coming down from the top of the town, with dunnes on the left, cars are queuing to go in to dunnes. traffic behind doesn't know to pass out of not as dont know if indicating left and in left lane for sallins road or going into dunnes car park. seen a number of near collisions and it blocks up traffic. people are so stingy to wait 10 minutes for a free space in Dunnes car park rather than pay to park somewhere else.

cant wait for Ireland to follow other EU countries and start pedestrianising main streets of towns.

common sense would have said that was never going to be a click and collect.

naas is prob a good spot for ikea showroom as so many new houses going up around naas and seems to be a bit of money around naas.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Not in Kansas

While I understand your annoyance, it's a bit much to accuse people who want to part in the Dunnes carpark as being stingy. Those who want to do a full grocery shop have no choice but to park there, unless you are sugesting that they push a shopping trolley across the main street, and older people and those with limited mobility would obviously want to park as near as possible even for a smaller amount of shopping.

I avoid Dunnes, but don't see your logic at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Tomrota

I wouldn’t blame the people who are trying to get a parking spot in the car park. I blame Kildare County Council for allowing the development to go ahead with such a tiny car park. They could have stipulated that Dunnes build an underground car park but they didn’t and it’s going to leave Naas in a mess for a long time unless everyone just gets fed up of it. I’ve never seen one single thing have such a drastic affect on traffic flows.

I can’t wait to see Naas pedestrianised too. It’s a mess at the moment. All you hear is constant traffic and smell pollution everywhere from old diesel coaches (that shouldn’t be in use). There is no ambiance or atmosphere. With on-street parking everywhere, extremely wide roads, and constant traffic congestion, it caters only for cars. You can’t even get a bus from Monread to Naas sure. It will never be pedestrianised as long as it’s run by Kildare County Council. Sure we don’t even have cycle lanes in Naas, monread, Johnstown or Sallins. The Sallins road is a literal disgrace and looks straight out of America. I don’t envy any pedestrian, cyclist or invalid who has to use that road. Car is king in Naas

they arent pushing trolleys across the road as they arent shopping in Dunnes. There are 100 other shops in naas town, not just dunnes. i see people parking in dunnes car park and then walk into town. they probably could get a parking space closer to the shop or cafe they are going to, but decide to park in dunnes car park cause its free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Anyone know someone that could help. Moved into a new house and fridge is 1cm to wide. Looking for someone to move down the last narrow press to allow for the fridge to fit into unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lillielad

Any recommendations regarding gyms in naas?

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Any recommendations for a Chiropractor, Please send via PM

Thanks W.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭chancer007

K-leisure if pay as you go, swim €7 & swim+gym €9...try it out before committing..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Sirted

Vodafone internet, tv and phone gone since last Thursday? I rang and they said a main line was damaged. Are others affected?

Advertisement