Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollywoodrath, Hollystown, Dublin 15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rescue1122

Has anyone got a snagging date for the Drive

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gardenia43

Hi All

I'm moving to the Drive too and would like to know if anyone got snagging invitation yet..I only got an update from EA with confirmation of completion date in October. 🤞 hopefully they will deliver on time. We are waiting since March..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CastroEC

Hi, Can I ask you if you're house is on Drive brow houses close to the main entrance (26 - 31) or higher numbers 40+ ?

I'm just asking to have an idea about the completion date they gave to you.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 7 msvsc01

We bought one close to the main entrance (26-31) and the completion time is the end of September, according to the EA.

We are 40+

• Advertisement

40 + here.

Completion date is September

Hi has anyone floor measurements for 4 bed semi detached A-6 type house for flooring.

If anyone of someone who might have them, please let me know just to get a rough estimate.

Ours is one close to the main entrance (lower numbers 26-31) and the completion time is the end of September, according to EA.

I asked him about it a few days ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭HSAM2021

I was lucky enough to talk to some very helpfull guys working for GEM today out at the Drive.

The higher end houses 59 downwards not sure how far down (late 40's I think) are all finished inside kitchens and painting is all done so forth, all that they are waiting for is Irish Water and the ESB to be connected. I believe the road will be tramaced start of September. They aim to be ready on time for snagging at end of Sepetember 🤞

Drive 26 - 31

Regency informed us that the builders hope to be inviting us to snag in the second half of September.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 SBJJ

Hello friend,

please give me a suggestion regarding use of gas hob in phase 3 or 2 where they replaced air to water pumps instead of gas

• Registered Users Posts: 6 frh15

Hi all,

Has anyone else here bought a 3 bed, B8b style on the meadows? We noticed the square footage of the B8b style is bigger than the B8a (show house).

Have you received any correspondence from regency regarding estimated completion date?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Danool

Hi, we have bought a b8b. Have been told will be completed end of Dec or start of Jan.

B8a are 113sqm, i believe b8b are 115sqm so yes a little bigger.

Which number will you be?

Has anyone been called to snag from 59-44 Drive

This is a reply from Regency this week

"We expect to invite you to snag your new home towards mid-October and this process usually takes between 10-14 days and then we will invite you back to de-snag before you sign off on your new home"

Well the electricity is connected anyways 👍59 >

• Registered Users Posts: 2 HWRD15

50+ also told mid October for snag by EA.

Hollywoodrath 26/09/2021

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZqkUpTecCI

Hi has anyone recently snagged there house in HWR with Regency ?

I'm curious how the process works and how long they give you access for ie after the guy is finished snagging is there time for other trades people to come and measure for windows and floors etc

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭colbarr

We snagged on 20th August on the Green and de-snagged on 2nd September. Andrei Furs is the foreman and he was very accommodating. We used Snagmyhouse.ie and Michael spent around 2 hours going through everything with a fine tooth comb. Andrei left us alone in the house and came back when we rang him. Same for the de-snag. I don't think they allow tradesmen to come on site at the moment because of Covid, but we never asked. Once everything was signed off, Regency were on standby to get the go ahead from the bank/solicitors to give us our keys. All done and dusted by the 14th September. (small delays due to the valuer and the banks).

Thanks for the reply and helpful info

Congrats on the finally finishing things and getting into your house 🏠

Hi guys I am renting at the moment and wondering how much notice time roughly should I gave to my landlord once called in for snagging.

We are in 40's drive and they are hoping to call in people for snagging next week ,anyone can share their experiences?will a month's notice be enough

I'd say it depends on your contract and your relationship with your landlord... In my case, my landlord is aware that I'm buying a house since when I got the Mortgage Approved and found the house I wanted to buy... So I'd advise you to take into consideration that after getting your keys, you will still need some time at least for put the flooring in place.

In my case, I had my keys 2 days before paying my monthly rent, so I paid the rent, and gave him the notice that I would leave his house in 30 days, being that one, the last payment, and I'll take these 30 days to get flooring, bill and everything sorted, so I can move with no rush and in a very organised say.

Hope it helps,

Cheeers,

Post edited by CastroEC on

Where did you hear snagging next week for houses in the 40's ? We are in the 50's which are constructed well before those

Just curious as we got told mid Oct ?

EA in Mcpeake

Great

We got Snag date next week for the Drive we are in the 50's moving along thankfully 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rark123

Hi Everyone

Long shot but does anyone that has a B8 style house (3bed) have the measurements for flooring? Also does anyone have any recommendations for blinds companies they used/planning to use?

Thanks a mill

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ciarah1504

Hi I have the measurements off this from EA. I can forward on if you want to send me your email address.

• Advertisement

We are using Discount Blinds Direct in Finglas. Have a very small show room with all the samples worth looking at in advance.Very reasonable priced will come to measures on snag date...

Advertisement