Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Blanchardstown Shopping Center 2021 Updates?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,026 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

It was only ever meant to be a pop up. Pretty crappy timing with Halloween and Christmas coming up though

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Spotted that Carpet Right has closed down, I wouldn't be over there very often so it could be gone a while.

Also there is a new Sky shop opening next to Dunnes in the old Sostrene Grene unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

It was only ever a pop-up shop, despite having been there for at least four years

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I see the blogger SoSuMe has a pop up shop for her make-up products down in the old Ernest Jones unit in the red mall. I'm assuming it's just there til Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭thomasj

Don't know if its been mentioned before but walker and hunt menswear are moving into the unit that was carphone warehouse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭ozmo

I just heard today the camera/drone shop( downstairs beside where fountain was) is closing down :( this true?

they seemed to be always busy

I do miss the variety of shops we used to have there…

“Roll it back”

Yes it's true they have had big signs in the window for the last maybe 2 weeks about their closing down sale - discounts for cash sales. They are keeping the shop on Grafton Street so not totally gone.

Went up today (Thursday) to see if anything left, and the store had been closed permanently already.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Was in Bunsen ranelagh today and asked about the new store in Blanch. Said that they were working away, was supposed to be open on September, problems getting staff also, hopefully open in October……… here’s waiting

• Advertisement

The EZ Living pop up shop in the yellow mall is now an EZ Living Christmas shop - trees and decorations.

I was in the shopping centre over the weekend, there are two new shops coming soon. The old Best Menswear unit has a sign for 'Fit Pink' looking for staff. It's all women's fitness clothing, this is their website - https://fitpinkfitness.com/

I also noticed from a distance that the old Disney store unit has a sign up on the front for 'Shoeholics' probably these guys: https://www.shoeaholics.com/

Lastly The Card Shop down in the red mall seems to have also taken over the old Inglot make up unit which they have called The Gift Shop and it's selling wrapping paper, calendars, gift bags, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭A Knight of Ireland

No idea, I guess it is to upgrade the kiosk/stand outside Mannings though that never looks busy. No idea tbh. Nothing has changed there since I posted that either so no sign of anything opening yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

See 2 more new shops to open , fit pink where best man was, and .object near quiz can't think what shop was there before maybe a mans shop..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Are the new glass lifts/walkway by Zara open yet? That upgrade job in that section seems to be going on forever.

Yes there were people using the lifts at the weekend and the walkway from the information desk across to Zara is open now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Sky are coming out with their own TV line for streaming services (As opposed to streaming sticks like NowTV/Firestick etc). Called Sky Glass

https://www.sky.com/ie/glass

Seems mental to be coming out with an actual TV as opposed to HDMI dongle. Not sure I want a Sky-branded TV - Prob some cheap dodgy Chinese brand rebadged/repriced.

Selected Homme and Femme clothing opening in Central Mall according to Blanch SC Facebook page. I'm almost certain they were briefly where Carraig Donn is at one stage?

Great to see so many vacant units being filled again these past couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭jeffk

I said it a long time ago, Dundrum lite with the shops thats coming

Plus the spit and polish, new fancy lift, smaller escalators, bridge walkway etc

Say the outdated carp parks be next and then paid parking to cover the cost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 Wolfus

• Registered Users Posts: 23,839 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

To be fair to them, the refit was as much about greatly improving energy efficiency as it was cosmetic. The lighting and air systems were over 20 years old and that water feature must have cost an absolute fortune to pump and filter. The right thing to do was get rid.

To me, the ground floor where the pond was is improved now, brighter and more airy and overall I don't think the lighting is too bad any place.

What is an unavoidable issue, are the stores. The new ones are very niche and very bland. There's a Gym and Coffee and meanwhile there's another womens fitness wear place around the corner by Bests.

And whats a Sky Shop anyway, just somewhere to flog their overpriced integrated tellies?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,151 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Gym and Coffee, and the other, I wouldn't say are either niche or bland, and more importantly they're Irish backed compared to most of the other UK/continental ones.

There's a Regatta going in upstairs next to Field's jewellers. Spotted the sign this evening.

A Calvin Klein pop up is coming to the Blue Mall 🤷‍♀️

https://www.facebook.com/blanchardstowncentre/posts/5380086722018110

>All Go today

Must be just me but I cannot tell the difference between all those shops mentioned above- uk/usa fast fashion.

Too many clothes shops :/

“Roll it back”

I know some have criticised the new look shopping centre but I actually like it. It looks a lot more sleek and contemporary. Despite all the new central area kiosks, I actually think it looks more roomy and airy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

I does look good with all the Christmas lights in the central part.

Took a photo…

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,280 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

And yet as a man in my mid-50s, there are none that I'd consider shopping in.

Advertisement