Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Blanchardstown Shopping Center 2021 Updates?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Oh really? to be honest i moved out of the area a few months ago so I am only in the centre when back visiting family and I need something so it obviously went over my head :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Glossy1

Just seen that Nespresso has gone from the centrer..... (Sad)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭danfrancisco83

Liffey Valley will soon be charging for parking (good luck with that), any word on Blanch SC maybe doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭lordleitrim

Oh no...I only got a Nespresso machine last Christmas and stocked up there once a month. Anywhere else in D15 that sells Nespresso pods?

There was always a customer or 2 in front of me whenever I bought my pods so I assumed the kiosk did well. That's a shame!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,001 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just checked their site, they have a kiosk at Liffey Valley, Dundrum TC or two in the city centre (Arnotts and their standalone shop on Duke Street)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭daymobrew

If they validate parking, making parking for free for shoppers, it might not have much impact on legitimate shoppers (apart from queues at entrance and exit) but would stop long term parking. It would impact every transaction within the centre.

They are intending to charge €2.50 for the first hour, subsequent 2 hours are free and €2.50 per hour after that with a daily cap (not yet specified). I think charging for the first hour is a big mistake, will put a lot of people off going there for a quick visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Codpeas

Ouch!

I assumed that they were heading that way due to the Bus Interchange work that is being done - to avoid the centre becoming a Park&Ride for bus users. If that is the case then I wouldn't be surprised for Blanch to do similar once the BusConnects work there gets underway.

Also, there is planning permission submitted for 100s of apartments over by the carpark between library and Wetherspoons further reducing parking space supply so I'd say it'll eventually come to Blanch. I like the set up in Pavillions SC in Swords where the first 2 hours parking is free and you only pay for subsequent hours. I think most shoppers will get what they need done in 2 hours and will discourage all day hogging of spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,521 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Fill the carparks with apartments. Excellent. More reasons to avoid the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭rameire

They are adding more levels to the multi storey car park and will also have loads of parking under the apartments. Don't think the number is being reduced.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

Will the parking under the apts be for be shoppers?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,799 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Parking is never scarce. Not ever.

It might not be right at the door, but even the busiest periods of Christmases past, I've never failed to get parking quickly somewhere in the Centre complex.

The 109 spots underneath the apartments will be for the apartment dwellers.

The extra 458 added to the multi story will be for the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Holy sh1t That’s crazy.

looks like a city centre.

did it get go ahead in that state?

No, it'll be under consideration for months yet.

I don't see much of an issue with it, its what we should be doing, removing car use and intensification of homes near good public transport hubs.

If they proposed mid-rise overlooking streets of semi-Ds, people would be giving out even more. This way there is no overlook.

Take a look at any typical City around Europe, mid-rise ~10 storeys is a completely normal part of the built suburban mix.

To my mind, absolutely nothing should be built inside the M50 or in areas like Blanch, Lucan, Swords that is less than 10 storeys anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,824 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Absolutely nothing????

well that’s a ridiculous suggestion

Anything residential, yes. Obviously schools and public buildings and the like need not, but generally yes, 10 storey residential should be the norm where the opportunities arise. Unless of course you aspire for your Grandkids to live in the contiguous Dublin suburb of Mullingar.

That doesn't mean wall to wall blocks as far as the eye can see, it must also include excellent public spaces and amenities to succeed, you know, like hundreds of towns and cities across Europe. Neither does it mean that the architecture cannot be beautiful. There are some very attractive mid-rise buildings going up in Dublin at the moment.

Blanch MegaCity 15. Looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Mr Price is going from inside the centre and relocating to their new store beside TK Maxx and Smyths. Is that where they are now?

Site notice up that the vacant store and next door (Golden Discs) will be amalgamated into one store. Surely not a giant Golden Discs.

Anyone know what might be going in there?

Mr Price opened beside TK Maxx in October 2019!

I'm not sure if the planning permission application listed the retailer for the amalgamated unit.

Is it not beside Lifestyle? They have signs up saying it will be between TK Maxx and Smyths which is a move I think.

No retailer listed on the planning permission.

Yes, it is beside Lifestyle. There is no unit between TK Maxx and Smyths. I expect that they mentioned those two as people would know them. If they said "beside Lifestyle" people might think of the Lifestyle unit directly opposite Mr Price in the main centre.

I see there was a sign outside Zara saying the expanded store will open in November. I wonder will Flannels downstairs open around the same time? It would be to their benefit to capture the pre Christmas rush business!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

Yes I believe they are expanding to fit Zara Home.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭bkeane

Looks like DID Electric are closing down - notice on the window when i was passing

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Daeltaja

That is sad. I guess they have another bigger store nearby, though. Blanchardstown Centre rent is super high.

Golden Discs moving upstairs to allow whatever shop is moving in to Mr Price and Golden Discs. Any word on who’s going in? The site notice is up since June so they’ve been waiting a while.

• Advertisement

The lovely residential development FW22A/0047 has been granted permission.

Hopefully it flies up.

Advertisement