Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Stateless - 2020 - Netflix (Cate Blanchett Produced)

Options
  • 01-06-2021 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭

Couldn't see a thread for this 6 Episode Mini-Series.
    Cate Blanchett as Producer and Yvonne Strahovski, Jai Courtney, Dominic West in the Cast caught my attention for this one.
    The reviews weren't bad either, currently 7.5/10 imdb and it has 81% on RT

Wiki
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stateless_(TV_series)
    The series is partly inspired by the real-life story of Cornelia Rau, an Australian who was unlawfully detained under the Australian Government's mandatory detention program.

Trailer:

Episode 1:
    Awe jeez.. what's she's doing!
    Anyway, first episode felt like a good intro to the show. Jai Courtney and his car had me remembering Mad Max 1 for some reason.
    I swear when yer mans daughter got Malaria I was like.. oh no.. don't kill her in the first episode like this!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Weird, i was fully sure there was a thread for this. I really liked this, some brilliant performances and i was glued to the story all the way through. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

2:
    Nooooo.. the daughter and the wife
    :(
    The tone of the episode just switched so abruptly into sadness.

3: Whew!
    I thought the guard had lost her eye there.. like maybe something scalding hot had got her. The tunnel that Sofie just found has more of a Shawshank Redemption feel to it than The Great Escape. Guessing the bust up with the protest is gonna be side-by-side a breakout attempt.

4: Thought Jai Courtney (Cam)

put in a strong performance here as he gave away where everyone was hiding and got his sister arrested

5: I don't this is going to go well

for Ameer and Mina. Not sure what's going to happen to Sofie

I checked that song from the end of the episode. It's Panis angelicus:

Panis angelicus (Latin for "Bread of Angels" or "Angelic Bread") is the penultimate stanza of the hymn "Sacris solemniis" written by Saint Thomas Aquinas for the feast of Corpus Christi as part of a complete liturgy of the feast, including prayers for the Mass and the Liturgy of the Hours.

Finished! Overall solid 6 episode series with a story they had wrapped from start to end I think. Good performances by a fairly high end cast for a series. Story meant for communication and depiction more than action or surprise I think. Saying that though, it did catch me a few times.

6: Couldn't believe it when

they got Sofie out like that. Not sure what the future holds for Ameer. I was kind of expect him and Mina to be shipped off. Jeez.. that scene where he lied to get her the visa. Damn..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,978 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It starts on TG4 on Wednesday the 6th October at 10.30pm

Advertisement