Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where does bus 424 leave from in Galway ?

Options
  • 27-09-2021 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi Galwegians,

So I am wondering exactly where the bus stop for route 424 is in Galway City - the time table says "Galway Bus Station", but where exactly is that - is that the Coach Station, the train station, Eyre Sq or ??

Thanks, Stone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭Laviski

if its Bus eireann, it would be the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

It's Bus Eireann, therefore the bus station (Ceannt). Private operators use the coach station.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Oh right, had somebody looking for the 424 on the bus info sheet on the bus stop as i waited for a 409 last week.I wasn't sure if it was a BE bus or not but did say coaches etc were up the hill in the station.

I did notice that Burke's Tuam,bus was a 427 so might be one of theirs. It's for Spidall etc if I'm remembering right

• Registered Users Posts: 25,669 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

It's 100% Bus Eireann, and leaves from Galway Bus Station, which is on the side of Ceannt Railway Station.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

Cool will know in future. I did say to this person that the buses around the square tended to be the 400s 1-9 . Surprsed Burke is also using a 400 and something number. But that is probably just coincidence unless that is a designation for Galway or something. Burke's are presumably completely independent though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,526 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

From the Bus Éireann Station, part of Ceannt Railway Station. Last time i got it, it was the stop furtherest from Eyre Square.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Stone

Thanks a mill guys - now I know where to go and not run around liuke a headless chicken trying to make the bus 😋

//Stone

Advertisement