Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to leave jobsharing

Options
  • 05-09-2021 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I feel really awful, but due to a horrific (out of the blue) relationship breakdown, I can’t afford to continue jobsharing this year, is there anything I can do at this point?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

I don’t think you can go back full time until the 1st September next year.

Can you make yourself available for extra classes and you get paid your personal hourly rate?

Also do extra yard supervision?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Just looked up circular point 5.5

says:

”In exceptional circumstances, the employer may permit a Job Sharing teacher to withdraw from the Job Sharing Scheme and return to his/her original teaching post earlier than expected if he/she can be accommodated within the approved staffing allocation, subject to contractual arrangements. However, such an application may not be considered beyond 1st November.”

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Talk to your principal. If you can't go back to full time teaching, you can do subbing and lord knows there is plenty of that. I hope you are okay and I'm sorry that this has happened to you. If you do go back to full hours and are struggling with workload for whatever reason, please PM me and if I can help you out in the way of resources in any way, I would be more than happy to do so. My subjects are English and Spanish.

Advertisement