Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Driving a classic car from Dublin to Cork - who do I call in case of breakdown?

• 26-09-2021 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭

Like the title says - I want to be prepared in case I breakdown or have issues, what phone numbers should I bring with me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭JP 1800

Check with your insurance company if you have breakdown insurance. Most classic car policies have breakdown cover and the number should be in your information schedule from the insurance company. Obliviously do the basic check before you leave such as fuel, oil and water along with any extras such as points, condenser and fan belts. If you are mechanically inclined, I always carry a tool kit with basic spares when I am on a long journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,566 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

If you've breakdown assistance than ring your insurance company but if not keep a few of different tow companies from Cork. As said above if your mechanically minded then a tool kit if something small happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭w124man

Camel Tow!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

Whats the car?

Advertisement