Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lidl Bratwurst.

Options
  • 10-09-2021 6:05pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭

.......going to try them for the first time tonight.

There seems to be a bit of a cult following for them. Have been to Berlin (ate and drank in Hofbrau) and am actually going back in October.

What are they like? Just a pork sosig? Or is there some dark magic involved?

I know the Germans are famous for sausages.....looking forward to it now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They're pre-cooked, so only really need browning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭dePeatrick

I like them, not a whole lot of pork in them so you won’t need any bread with them, mustard and tomato sauce does me, usually can’t eat any more than two but wrapped up and put back in fridge and they seem ok for a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

You need to eat it like a real Berliner !!

Bratwurst with curry powder , paprika powder and a mild curry ketchup or tomato ketchup slathered all over it .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

That wasn't bad at all.

Two Brats, fried and split. His n hers 😘

Lidl Sourdough (I think) bread, lightly toasted, couple of gherkins, mustard, Sriracha, mayo and a slash of Taco (because it was there) sauce.

As good as a takeaway. 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

I quite like them alright, and I'm not a mad sausage fan.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I wasn't too gone on them, they seem to have a lot of filler/bread. Maybe that's just what bratwurst are like? I've never had a proper one. I prefer sausage to contain just meat and flavourings.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,419 ✭✭✭✭Alun

They actually have an extremely high meat content, according to an ingredients list I found online there's only 2% other ingredients. The difference is I think that the meat is very finely ground and they are also pre cooked, boiled I think, first which might also affect the texture.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Nah.......won't get them again, the skin was too tough, like chewing a rubber band or something....😀😀

Advertisement