Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Merc sprinters button start - dangerous?

Options
  • 24-09-2021 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Anybody drive one of the newer mercedes sprinters?

Our vans have been upgraded and all of our drivers are experiencing issues. The clutch is very sensitive and more prone to conking out.

The problem comes when you are moving off, say from a junction and conk the vehicle out. You can't restart the engine unless you come to a rolling stop. It seems pretty dangerous, and on numerous occasions I've had to come to a complete stop in the middle of a road simply to restart the engine and move off again with traffic having to react to the obstruction.

Now I know you're all going to say "don't conk it out", but we're all very experienced drivers in the job and this issue only started coming to light with 201+ reg's, and these things happen. The new clutches seem very sensitive compared to older mercs.

It's such a hindrance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Speedline

Might be due to smaller engines. Aren't they a 2.0 now? I'd imagine they have less torque at low revs.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭xtradel

I drive a 182 and I experience that problem also especially rolling into a roundabout in 2nd gear so now I pretty much have to stop until it pops into 1st and then tear the hole off the engine to continue! But yeah, having to stop, clutch, neutral and then press button hoping you wont die is a pain in the arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭zg3409

On some VW's if they cut out, as soon as you press in clutch they automatically restart themselves to help you. Such a feature could be life saving.

Advertisement