Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Death Stranding

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

That's gas, I was in Connemara and Inishbofin over the weekend and Death Stranding came immediately to mind :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

Just finished Death Stranding directors cut on ps5 . Being a huge MGS/Kojima fan i was looking forward to it . Really liked the game , addictive loop . But what the hell were the last two hours of that game . this is what happens when there's no one there to tell kojima no . self indulgent nonsense 😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I can't really remember the last 2 hours, i really need to get back to it and finish it again. That final walk and ending was absolutely incredible though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Is it the beach bit where you are just kinda wandering until you hit an invisible trigger point? It was a bit odd. But there is nothing not odd about that guy's mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

yup . Very weird . I prefer that then an difficult end to a game but jesus it was some nonsense even by his standards 😂

All his games would improve immensely from not having the weird shite. So much is made to be a realistic representation that it's like nothing else, then a flying ghost soldier with tentacles appears .......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

Any tips for a new player? I've just gotten to knot port and can't get the game out of my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,703 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

You've basically completed the introduction by getting to port knot city.

without spoiling too much....

Connect to as many preppers as possible. Build roads as soon as you have resources, if the area you want to traverse doesn't have a road network available (like to the alchemist) use pylons. This will probably make no sense currently, but it soon will

I'd add if you are getting a bit burnt out with prepper runs outside the main missions, push ahead with the story. You could be in chapter 3 for a loooooong time just doing runs. Chap 4 and onwards really moves the story song and you'll get to come back and do those runs later as well.

• Advertisement

Prepper runs?

The guys who live in the bunker stations are preppers and the tasks they give you to shift cargo are prepper runs

You can steal the trucks that the Mules are using! Some will drive around and some will be parked in the garage.

This will help a lot at the start of Chapter 3 to get moving large amounts of items to build the roads. You will be able to buy/build your own truck after a while but it can take time to unlock.

I randomly reinstalled this as I needed a relaxing game and absolutely hooked on it all over again. Had started a new play through and just unlocked the Bike. Gonna mostly move on with story missions and building infrastructure. But goddamn, a game about walking/running/hiking delivery parcels around should not be this enjoyable. I cannot wait for DS 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Glebee

It is some game alright, story is bat sh1t crazy but once you get hooked, it's simple brilliant.

• Advertisement

If it wasn't for so many clicks to get through a simple delivery, it'd be perfect

No matter what you think about him. Making walking an actual enjoyable game mechanic is genius. Just walking with stuff on your back, and it's something I am happy to spend over 100 hours doing.

Just reached chapter 3, time to start rebuilding...

That's the best section. Building down to the farm and across to the lake.

I took your advice about stealing a mule truck, loading up on materials from the base and going straight to road building, very satisfying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

I think it's because 95% of the "combat" is your own ingenuity against the environment. It's great to actually have the time to plan your route without being sniped by a Muhammed-I'm-hard-Bruce Lee shotgunner from 500m.

A24 to produce live action film of Death Stranding

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,829 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It'd be pretty hilarious if they did keep the cast the same except just recast Troy Baker with Pedro Pascal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,281 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Good to hear there's a live action adaptation, because I was thinking about trying this again but hearing that there's still lots of building required is putting me off. Thought maybe everyone else would have the place sorted and I could just power through the story... I obviously didn't get the joy ye are from simply walking and building roads. I wanted to know where the story was going, but the gameplay stopped me, especially the social media aspect of it. At least I'll get to watch it. Would be mad though if they don't get the same cast, because it is basically already a movie.

You don't have to build much. The building just makes life easier. Roads get you around faster and safer and zip lines up and over mountains quickly. But you can just walk everywhere too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭Glebee

Zip lines were key and I sort of gave up on roads 3/4 way through i think. Never bothered with much else I think

It's kind of a cruel game. You spend so long slogging to build the zip lines and roads and then you get them and can race around the map...then you realise the slog was the rewarding bit not the delivery.

I'm still in the first area doing deliveries between Capital, Distribution, Wind Farm etc. I have the items for the port but am reluctant to go there yet. Do I get to come back to this area and continue the deliveries if I go to the port?

• Advertisement

Yes it opens back up

As mentioned you can come back. I tried to clear all deliveries before moving and they just keep spawning. Next section is the best so wrap it up and move on asap is my advice.

Don't be worrying about deliveries, missions or the story. Just do what is needed to print the road network. That's the real game.

These mules are a pain in the hole. I'm at their first encampment at Lake knot. If I clear them all out do they stay cleared or respawn?

They eventually respawn. The bola gun is a handy weapon, it ties them up so you just have to knock them out. Good range on it also it's non lethal so it doesn't use any of Sam's blood.

Anyone know why I cannot add metals to finish building a road? I've enough crystals and have gone slightly over by 20 ceramics but still need 230 metals. I've more than enough in my inventory but they're greyed out and won't let me add them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,213 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Only thing I see online is if there's a glowing blue line through the items in your inventory, it means they're for a delivery and so can't be used as upgrade materials.

I can't quite remember but can you only build a certain amount of objects only if there's enough bandwidth in that area? The more missions you do, the more bandwidth to build structures so maybe that's what's blocking it?

I think it's this, the metals do have a blue line through them. I'll check it out again tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement