Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outdoor light pin stuck

Options
  • 23-09-2021 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Anyone know if there is an easy way to free the pin in the light fixture. It's ab outdoor light so presume some way corroded etc.

Bulb is lighting fine when I push it in a certain way but it obviously is not getting the connection to the bottom pin in the pic as it is stuck in and not moving freely in and out like the other way .

Happy to buy a new light fixture if needed but any easy way of freeing out the other one ( with the mains switched off)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,701 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

There's an electric contact cleaning spray that you can buy. I picked one up at a local hardware store, went to but it and yer man says €35. WTF.

Went home and used WD40 instead. Get a can of WD40 with the little tube on the spray head and direct a small bit up onto the pin. Push the pin up and down with a flat head screwdriver .

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,090 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Electrical contact cleaner will work - shouldn't be any more than €10, depending on can size. So will brake cleaner/WD40. Spray it on and then work the pin until it frees up and the spring comes back into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭irishguy19772

Thanks for advice. Will try it later.

Advertisement