Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Replacement parts from AliExpress?

• 09-09-2021 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Just wondering if anyone ever uses AliExpress for replacement console parts, and how you've gotten on if so?

I have a PSP-1003 with a tiny bit of stick drift, and having cleaned the contacts with iso to eliminate any chance of dirt, it's still happening. I think I'll have to just replace the stick, but Amazon seems to be about €8. I'm wondering if AliExpress is viable, but maybe they're crap and I'd just end up paying twice?

The drift really isn't drastic, just a bit annoying, so if Ali's a no-go I might be as happy to just leave it alone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,212 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

You'd need to factor in customs charges on all items incoming to Ireland outside of the EU into the AliExpress price unless they ship from a EU country.

Tbh, for the speed and come back you get with Amazon, I tend to buy from them even if for a low cost item like this it is 2x AliExpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

Aliexpress do the customs + costs in the checkout, amazon would have it to you much quicker though. Chances are the quality will be similar just a matter of how soon do you want it

Yup, they take customs but then it relies on the actually seller using AliExpress to file the paper work correctly :D I already have a double customs bill story with them so beware!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭raven999

hi bought psone laser from them few weeks ago not working so im not very impressed with them

AliExpress is just a market place for a range of sellers - think it as eBay 'Buy It Now' but all the sellers are businesses mostly in China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Lucky Jack

I completely took my eye off this thread so only seeing these responses now - thanks everyone for the input, much appreciated

Advertisement