Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

No battery cover anymore (VW)?

Options
  • 15-09-2021 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

While browsing for a new car, I have seen a few pcitures of 2021 VW car engines and there is no battery cover...

Seem like a new cost cutting trend 😐️

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

No gas struts on the bonnet either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Although in a lot of ways the Golf 8 is still a really good car, there's a bit of an air about the Golf 8 vs the Golf 7 that would remind you of that time MG-Rover desperately needed to claw back costs and started pairing really frivilous things from the spec of each car, the only difference being VW have been agressive with it and probably don't need the saving as bad as MG-Rover did.

They've stopped branding the plastic engine covers, i'd love to know the saving that that's making.

The best one I've copped personally though is if you get a Golf 8 with parking sensors, obviously they will be colour coded to the bumper, unless you get a black car in which case the sensors are left unpainted flat black plastic. Now that's thinking economically.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,147 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Dieselgate still has to be paid for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,660 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The battery makes no noise so why would they bother to cover it. All the battery covers ever were is a nuisance when you need to go jump the car or van or jump someone else's car or van. So good riddance I say.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

They were for additional frost protection to keep the batterys performance as the temp gets lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Dhenalau

I see they have replacement part on Aliexpress, see this one for example

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001219863278.html

Advertisement