Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to conceive

Options
  • 21-09-2021 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi folks. My wife and I are trying to get pregnant a little over a year now and while we did, twice, we miscarried both times. We are both 40 btw. We’ve had the tests done about a year ago and the results were mostly positive. 

We don’t know where to go next. We had a consultation with someone in the matter (I think) but tbh we both found it hard to understand the consultant and we never followed up as we got pregnant soon after. 

Any advice as to where to go next or what to do would be greatly, greatly received. We both have health insurance and my wife has maturity and fertility as extra benefits too if that's any good. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

Hi,

Was in the same boat a couple of years ago.

Myself and the wife went to the fertility clinic in the Rotunda. They've recently sold it to a different operator but if they still are as efficient, I would highly recommend going down that route.

We tried a IUI and although my wife became pregnant, she miscarried at 11 weeks. We tried again and went full IVF as soon as we could and I'm delighted to say that we have a healthy 4 month old little baby girl.

It's tough going and can be frustrating and a little confusing, but the staff in the clinic were great and made the step-by-step process a lot easier.

Best of luck and just ask if you have any specific questions, I'm more than happy to help in any way I can.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Johnnymac706

Thanks a million for that. Can I ask you what consultant did you dealt with? It was actually the Rotunda we went to not the Matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Johnnymac706

Thanks for that. I'm try to PM you there but I'm not allowed for some reason dunne. Would you mind dropping me a PM, I just want to know the cost of the IVF please.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭whomadewho

Myself and the misses also used the Rotunda but got no success. We are going through the woman below for another round. A good few of my partners friends have went with her and have had success. It's a long road if you choose this path so best of luck

https://ie.linkedin.com/in/lyuda-shkrobot-0b1ba130

Post edited by whomadewho on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 xeniane

Hi! I am sorry to know about your pregnancy loss. Unfortunately, ttc-ing takes time. You do not need to worry cos up to 3 pregnancy losses might happen without any reasons that is why your results are good. I personally use iyoni app to help me understand my body and my journey. I have tried some before but trust iyon as the app was created by best fertility experts, and I can find really helpful info in their app and knowledge base. Stay positive and don't give up. All the best.

Advertisement