Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cannonball 2021

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭goochy

Sad to think the internal combustion engine might not be around for much longer , so much anti car sentiment around these days it was great to see kids getting so excited by Ferraris and lambos etc. Great feel good factor about the whole thing.

Friend knows one of the participants and he said the people who take part are great bunch - theres no boasting about one person having a better car than the other .

A young enough guy ( had an irish surname but cant recall it ) let tons of kids sit in his Aventador roadster at Ballymaloe . Just sat on a bench beside it and enjoyed seeing so many people getting a chance to admire it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Was supposed to go to the galmont and watch them leave, was late so went to Athlon M6 circle k, kids could sit in cars there for a pic. Decided to follow them to Cavan, great buzz and sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,197 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Petrol engines can run on ethanol, These super cars won’t be scrapped any time soon

Car enthusiasts should be massively excited about the EV revolution. The sound won’t be the same, but the potential for amazing engineering and extreme performance improvements are eye watering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Strange crash, seemed to slow, then speed up.

Looked like they all were going too fast considering they were in the city in a built up area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Mac 3

Went to Lahinch yesterday, waited for ages and I'd say only about 30% of the cars came through. No ford GT... I jknow they run late but this seems to have been a total shambles.

Saw some of the driving online in kerry , saw some super cars overtaking on continuous white line on a bend . They are not doing the run any favours with dangerous driving. Hope the weather was better today . Seems crap weather in Dublin and kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I met the cars in athlone. Impressive alright. I was disappointed by the Honda NSX to be honest. Totally underwhelming. The Ford GT was resiculously impressive. Mustang decided to “warm up” his tyres on the fore court of the petrol station. Good buzz about the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

I was Also disappointed by the general lack of Irish cars. All UK or NI plates as far as I could see.

yes definitely very few irish exotica , irish cars tended to be porsche , bmw and merc. Was happt to see the Irish SLR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭XsApollo

That SLR was behind me for about 50 mins going to Cavan from Athlone.

put on a great show, every town or slow moving traffic he would lift up the doors or slow down and give it the beans.

that yoke moves.

i think lockdown meant people enjoyed it this year more than usual , this event could easily have been cancelled had things not improved with covid. Guy driving the Bmw 645i is a secondhand car dealer near me in Youghal . I saw him in Ballymaloe on Friday but then saw him in Youghal Saturday afternoon , he must have gone home for something then caught up with them in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

Thank the irish revenue system for that. VRT, road tax and all that blah blah blah

theres plenty of irish reg exotica they just didnt do cannonball this year

Advertisement