Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Thinking of selling - thoughts on valuation?

Options
  • 18-09-2021 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭

What are your thoughts on valuation for this:

2006 320D

M47 engine - no timing chain problems.

Swirl flaps removed.

Vortex filter installed.

Pirelli tyres - as new

Beige Leather interior

Sunroof

New battery

2 owners

65,000miles / 105,000km

Extras:

Removable remap 163bhp - > 193bhp ~€500

Spare emergency tyre ~€90

Spare alloy wheel & tyre ~€100

Android head unit with navigation ~€300

Diagnostic unit for BMW ~€130

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Ask €2k?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

I'd say anything from €1k - €2.5k depending on physical condition. You haven't said if it was an MSport or SE etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Have prices at the lower end of the market increased like everything else? Suppose they have. Low mileage and android head unit might make it a 2k car if it's an msport.

SE, I don't know, maybe 1250 or so.

It's 700 to tax which is now nearly a relic of a bygone age. Target market is just young lads looking for a beemer I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭wandererz

It's an SE but was specc'ed with leather, sunroof, multi-spoke alloys, door handle lights etc.

Doesn't look like the average €1500 SE's seen advertised.

If €1500 - €2000 is all I can expect, I may as well pull out the extras and sell them separately.

Made that mistake a few years ago, including €1000 of extras at no cost.

Is low tax all that matters these days, compared to low milage, low #owners, great condition, well taken care of etc.

May as well just keep it as a second car and switch over the insurance every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

It's a 15 year old 3 Series, those things are not going to add any monitory value to it at that age. However they might make it easier to sell compared to other similar year 3 Series out there for sale.

• Advertisement

Got it.

I'm going to remove the Android head unit, replace with the original BMW professional unit.

Remove the remap.

Remove the spare wheel & spare alloy.

Not advertise the diagnostic unit.

Advertise it as seen. Sell it. And then sell the other parts separately.

With the exception of the remap. The buyer has the option of paying extra for that.

Job done.

Lousy world, but it is what it is and you get what you pay for I guess.

What kind of figure would you be happy with? You've listed all your positives but to be honest they are vastly outweighed by yearly NCT, 710 euro tax per year, possibly problematic insurance cover, age related potential problems and being an SE which haven't aged at all well in the bmw e90. That's what buyers will see. It will probably get a bit of interest with low mileage. To be honest, that's the only thing going for it.

I sold my 2006 e60 525i msport for 2000 euro 4 years ago. Bought it for 4500 euro in 2015.

@Buddy Bubs

For those prices I guess I'm happy not selling at all. It's only a weeks pay after all.

Once it's gone, it's gone and there is no going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭anplaya27

A weeks pay 😖

Any pictures?

Sure if it's only a weeks pay then surely whipping the extras out would only be a days pay? Take you longer to do it then it's worth. Wouldn't be worth your time

• Advertisement
Advertisement