Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Hilux Surf tax question

Options
  • 17-09-2021 8:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I have my eye on one of these and it has four seats and a boot like a regular car in the sense that it’s not bare metal but Is carpeted. Are these considered commercial vehicles or private or perhaps one or the other depending on the model? Appreciate your advice here folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Look up the tax on motortax.ie

its quite difficult to crewcab stuff now.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭In the wind

Thanks Colm.

By crew ab stuu are you referring to a conversion by adding seats?

The surf I have in mind has seats already installed.

Sorry typo

By crew cab stuff...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Crewcab would be a vehicle with 4/5 seats but still sufficient loadbed to be considered a goods vehicle. Not a conversion job.

I don't think any Hilux Surf at any stage is big enough for that, but definitely not now.

Thanks. 👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Gatorcar

I would imagine many hilux surfs will be nearing 30 years old so they would be eligible for vintage tax, maybe have a look for one of those if you want it for private use.

So if I understand correctly loaded size is the defining factor for categorising as commercial or private?

Any idea on what that size is exactly?

Thanks.

Typo...loadbed size is the...

Advertisement