Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BRAVE Browser

• 28-03-2020 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

anyone else using it?

I've had in on the laptop for a month or so and collecting some BAT occasionally

I've just verified the Uphold Wallet but the amount shown in the wallet doesnt match what the BAT token icon shows

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Yeah I have it on my phone, I just donate whatever Bat I get to Wikipedia tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    anyone else using it?

I've had in on the laptop for a month or so and collecting some BAT occasionally

I've just verified the Uphold Wallet but the amount shown in the wallet doesnt match what the BAT token icon shows

The BAT payout occurs on the 5th or each month but usually doesn’t arrive in your uphold wallet until the 6/7th

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Yeah, Ive been running it for quite a few months now.
    For me, it's much better than the others. I also like the idea that its a way to introduce people to crypto and tokens without ever being aware that its implicated. It's nice to see a crypto project taking on real world use.
    rapul wrote: »
    Yeah I have it on my phone, I just donate whatever Bat I get to Wikipedia tbh

Just be aware that with wikipedia, they're refusing to accept submissions for a couple of well known crypto's. Disappointing given its supposed to go out of its way to be even handed but nothing in life ever is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,683 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Have been running it for a while. Not really impressed with it as a browser (especially its unconfigurable "top sites" thing on the home page) but have it enabled for BAT rewards and have been collecting a steady trickle month-by-month (a lot more this month, thanks to and Amazon and eBay campaign).

Until those last two started appearing, the selection of ads was pretty tedious - all "crytpo for the sake of crypto" type offers (oh, and the Nexo savings/loan account which I'm still considering). The most useful reward so far has been a month's free Prime trial; I'm leaving the BAT to pile up until one or other of my favourite "free" sites decides to accept donations.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,679 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The most useful reward so far has been a month's free Prime trial

LOL, that's not a reward. You get that from Amazon itself all the time (I sign up for it at least once a year and cancel whenever it expires, never cost me a cent)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭melatonin

anyone still use this? do you get much in crypto for using it and how would you find it to Chrome?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I found ad blocker on chrome would just stop working every so often so I moved to brave. I turned ads to minimum so I only get the small pop up ads when not playing anything. It’s faster than chrome but I still use chrome for some plugins.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Perpetual_Burn

Been using it pretty much exclusively for over a year, doesn't weigh on your system like Chrome does, is quite similar so the transition is quite easy. I've found that RTE Player doesn't seem to work on it, so I use Chrome in that case. The built in ad blocker is great, I also have the Chrome extension Adblock installed on it too, so zero ads across the board. Highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

I've been using Brave (on Android and laptop) for at least three years and it's been great. The built in as blocker works well and I never need to use Chrome (deleted it) or any other browser. Still earning a small amount of BAT from ads too (approx. $500 since I started using Brave).

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Been using it for a few months, get about 6 BAT per month across desktop + mobile (€5 or so). You have to enable a few extra settings to get all the ads (10 ads per hour and enable background notifications on mobile). Brave news gives extra BAT as well, if you scroll through that.

It's pretty great all round, was using Firefox + uMatrix before, but the built in ad blocker does the job. Nice to have all my Chrome add-ons back. Can't say it's worse than Chrome in any respect.

• Advertisement

I have all my Chrome plugins working on Brave.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

I've been using it for over a year at least. In the past 12 months it's barely paid me 1 BAT on my mobile and laptop respectively. In the beginning I briefly got about 10 BAT per month. I have all those settings enabled as you outline.

Not enough info to really know what to make of that. If it's 1 BAT per device per month, then it seems low, but I guess it depends on device usage? I'd be getting about 10-15 ads per device per day which is kind of maxed out for me with work from home and there are also ads on the new tab pages which I think you have to enable and ads on the Brave News feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭Sparkling Gamorreans

How do you enable the things you speak of in your last sentence?

Mobile: Settings - New Tab page - show sponsored images (mobile)

Desktop: Settings - New Tab page - customise background images - show sponsored images

The Brave news feed is currently only available on desktop.

Advertisement