Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straw Spreader

Options
  • 13-09-2021 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi All,

we use 2 round bales of straw everyday during the winter, shed fully cleaned out every morning and two fresh bales spread over 64' x 36' lying area spread. currently bales are rolled out and spread by hand/fork.

was thinking a straw spreader for either tractor or loader would be a timely investment as dad does most of the winter work and has a few more years on the clock, don't need to blow it 20ft or anything like that or chop it to bits as we can drive through the bedding area. what's a simple tool available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Something like a travel tomahawk?

i know you don’t want a blower but the only other thing I can think of is a spreadabale but you need a big loader for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,431 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Isn't there some kind of spike that goes in the back of the tractor that then turn 90 degrees to allow you unroll the bale as you drive ?

Or maybe something like a hustler ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Gillespy

Something like this? Doesn't say how far it throws straw. Galvanised and self loading too.

Spreadabale is a big lump, really need a four wheel steer handler to manouver it into pens too. Plus is it handles all bales

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ZETOR_IS_BETTER

Spread a bale have a model now that does 4x4 bales only.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,380 ✭✭✭MfMan

Anyone have a bigger spec machine for this, e.g. McHale C460? Have thinking of one for shaking straw and feeding out round bales. Does it chop the silage bales well, anybody know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭trixi2011

Have a c460 here good machine but very time consuming loading and blowing in comparison to the likes of a spread a bale . Never fed bales with it but have seen one used to feed out pit silage into a biker before and worked really well

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Madisonmenece

the spread a bale mini does look the job, I think I did price the larger one there last year but as up in the region of 20k+

I was thinking about having a go at fabricating something up but not sure would something be bought and work better for the same bobs.

Advertisement