Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol - US Pace -Peacock (**Spoilers**)

Options
  • 17-05-2021 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

would be surprised if this turned out any good considering how shyte the films were

the illuminati (except for the tinfoil hat brigade), secret passages and other Dan Brown shtick is very dated at this point.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I always thought the books were better suited for a TV show rather than a movie, I'm kind of looking forward to this

• Registered Users Posts: 28,855 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

This was my least favourite of the books considering
    The main female character's side story was totally pointless, as far as I remember

Though was that Arrow's Wild Dog in the trailer as the cop?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,367 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Started last night with a decent opening episode.

• Advertisement

Hmm, another to add to the list. I'm falling behind, with Y The Last Man to watch as well as a couple other recent episodes. And not going to get any better as shows start to debut or return after a shorter break than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,462 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah that was very good.

Wasn't aware of this one, like Clareman said above could work well on TV . I don't recall the book perfectly but it had so bonkers parts too it and it got really preachy at the end. That said it also had one of the best parts to a book Brown has written.

When the female character is in pitch darkness in a warehouse or lab ??? Can't recall which but it was very tense.

Anyone still watching? 8 episodes in and I think it's a cracker. A great mystery, lots of twists and a compelling villain. The fact that this is a limited series is a big plus - the story has a beginning, middle and end.

Yeah it's really good and I wouldn't mind them remaking the films into stand alone series with Ashley Zukerman as Langdon as he is more believable than Hanks was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I'm watching it and I'm enjoying it, it's been so long since I read the book I don't remember most of it, or they are making changes to it. It's a decent show in fairness.

I watched the first 9 episodes over the weekend. I don't remember a lot of the book but I know Katherine was off doing her own stuff for a lot of it. I guess they needed to partner Langdon with her or others so they could discuss what was happening or explain the significance that would be part of narration in the book. Otherwise it would be by voiceover.

For the finale,

it seems Langdon was in the slowest moving elevator ever.

And just reading the summary of the book on Wikipedia, it seems they borrowed ideas and just made the rest of the show around them.

Was trying to think if any of the books started with an explosion to see what the ending was setting up.

The ending like all Dan Brown's endings doesn't do the mystery to get there any justice.

I'm guessing the set up at the end for the next series if it gets renewed is for Origin.

I doubt they will go near the movie adaptions yet.

Problem with Dan Brown is the thing being searched for is usually too big. Would mean he has to come up with the meaning of life or something so instead has a bit of a cop out ending

Decent enough finale, but fell a bit flat for me. My expectations were a bit high I think. Hopefully they get to continue another story in Season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

Only catching up on this now and think it’s doing a better job than any of the movies

pity it was only one season

Advertisement