Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ocean Fitness or Ardilaun for swimming?

Options
  • 14-09-2021 9:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Any recommendations between the two? Ideally the warmer the pool the better.

Cheers

Post edited by biko on

Comments

Depends if you're looking for a warm leisurely soak or for exercise.

Ardilaun is an 18 metre pool, aimed mostly for hotel residents or leisure use.

Ocean fitness is a proper 25m pool with lanes for doing lengths.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ardilaun is nice but smaller and not really suited for swimming for exercise. I used to going lapping there.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

I was in the Ardilaun quite a few times in 2019/20 and never found the changing rooms clean, e.g. floors weren't swept and showers in poor condition with stained shower curtains. I'd say the owners have never used the facility as a customer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Psychlops

Kingfisher NUI...25M Heated.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭milout

Thanks all for the feedback, I think that's helped swing it against the Ardilaun.

May try one of the trial sessions at Kingfisher before committing.

• Advertisement

Ocean Fitness has the best pool that I have ever swam in, and I've swam in a lot of Leisure Centers in Ireland

If the location suits, and you can afford it, I dont think there are any other Leisure Centers in Galway that come close to competing with it

Advertisement