Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

‘Insane Bolt’ - PED’d or pure natural talent…?

• 14-09-2021 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭

Not quite sure if this is the right forum but in any case as ‘dust has now settled’ following the Tokyo olympics considering the nationality of the winner and time of the men’s 100m (eye-talian and 9.80 secs) does it substantiate further the possibility that ‘insane bolt’ is a 6ft 5 inch ‘juiced up’ cheat like the majority of sprinters who are one step ahead of the testers….rather than a squeaky clean ‘freak of nature’ as some like to believe…..?

Post edited by Asdfgh2020 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well I have my own thoughts, but many think he is totally clean.

I'd simply say that the 3 other runners in his 4 x 100m team tested positive.

The 10 fastest men ever in the world, the other 9 have all failed drug tests. But he was so amazing he was able to run faster than 9 other best ever runners when they were juicing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Juiced

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭emo72

What happened in Tokyo?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,951 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Hamachi

Marcel Jacobs isn’t white; he’s mixed race. His father is an African American service man. His mother is white Italian. Maybe he got his fast twitch fibers from his father 😉

I don’t know if Jacobs’ is doping or not, but Italy does have a tradition of producing decent sprinters. There was Pietro Minnea in the past. In more recent times, Fillipo Tortu has run sub-10 and ran a storming final leg in the 4x100m relay to claim the gold medal.

Don’t know about Bolt, but I’d like to give him the benefit of the doubt. I do have my reservations though, that a small nation of 3 million, can consistently churn out world class sprinters, year-on-year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Jeez, where have the mods gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭john9876

I guess, unlike a certain Irish swimmer, Bolt was freakishly fast from a very young age

"Bolt—just 15 years old at the time—won gold in the 200 metres, becoming the youngest-ever male world junior champion in any event. At age 16 Bolt cut the junior (age 19 and under) 200-metre world record to 20.13 sec, and at 17 he ran the event in 19.93 sec, becoming the first teenager to break 20 seconds in the race. "

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

I was going to say the exact same thing, I once heard David Gillick on the radio defend Bolt saying how when he was 15 he was beating the best 19 year old's out there.

You would hope Bolt is a shining light amongst all the cheating alright and at the moment he must be given the benefit of the doubt.

If cheats like Gatlin aren't banned for life then it's no wonder they cheat.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Please use the report post button if you see something that you feel might need attention.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement