Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone recommend a company who can Deep clean whole house in Dublin for a reasonable price?

• 14-09-2021 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

Parents going away on their first holiday in a couple of years. All the way to Mayo.

Was thinking of cleaning the house for them while they were away.

I pulled out the couch and already its too big a job for me.

Anyone recommend a company that can do a deep clean of the house for a reasonable price?

Tried to call a couple of places i found on the web. Weird ringtones. I think they might be out of business or something.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭black & white

Not Dublin but I have a rental property in Clare that was left in a filthy state recently and was quoted 1,100 for a deep clean, tried loads of companies and only 1 would quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Thomasirl123

Interested in this too. Plenty of cleaners but not a full deep clean service

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭starbaby2003

https://ecocleansolutions.ie/house-cleaning-blackrock/ I’ve used these guys. I can’t remember the price but think it was around €600

• Registered Users Posts: 7,505 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

Seems good value for a deep clean

Depends on their definition of a deep clean though.

To me it would be move every thing and clean every surface and scrub the floors. Wipe down all the items and put them back. That could be very labour intensive. Especially kitchens and bathrooms that would need a lit more detailed cleaning and degresing etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

My own house came back from a 2 year letting and was left in a fair bad condition, I had to deep clean everything but I did 90% myself and it was a soul destroying process. I kept the one month deposit and there was some small breakages also, no issue in keeping the deposit so that was fine. I spent at least 4-5 hours alone on the oven, the fridge similar, kitchen cabinets took me around one hour per press, I easily spent a working week of 40 hours in the kitchen and downstairs alone.

In any other country ive rented in the tenant has to leave the pleace in exactly the same condiditon as it was given to them.

Painted and professionally cleaned etc.

In Ireland we have this "normal wear and tear" catch all.

I think it would be reasonable for both parties if you could agree with a tenant before they move in that the place has had a professional deep clean before they moved in and they have to pay for one after they move out, so the next tenant has the same deal too.

But that is probably illegal. Ive lost track of the regulation we have in Ireland so really dont know at this point.

Oh, Forgot while I was on my rant.

I found one that do it for around €200 depending on how many rooms.

Windows are extra though if you need them done.

Its deepcleaning.ie if it helps anyone. They were very nice on the phone. Coming out next week.

Also found https://dublin-housecleaning.ie/

Their online quite said €169. Tried calling them a few times though and they didnt answer the phone. Someone might have more patience on the phone than me :).

So went for the first one in the end.

My quotes were for a bog standard 3 bed house.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 KaiserSochez

Hi Jimmy, would be keen to know how you got on with this company. Have used a couple of bad ones in the past and not keen to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Can’t see how any company could properly deep-clean a house for €200? That couldn’t buy you more than 8 hours for one person?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Unless there is some form of human trafficking and slavery then you are going to be mighty disappointed for your €200, I would suggest perhaps to get these cleaners to do the worst parts or the parts you hate to do most yourself, like the bathroom etc. Get googling and on youtube and you learn alot of tips and tricks about cleaning. Flash Professional Power Degreaser from Mr. Price is a great product for greasy tiles, splashbacks and coated kitchen cabinets.

https://www.galgormgroup.com/images/XL/8001841377407XLG.jpg

So 2 people came at 8am. They are whizzing around and scrubbing like they are on fast forward.

Havent slowed down since they arrived. Just went to the bathroom there and the hall and living room are spotless and the toilet and the bathroom is like a brand new bathroom. They are in the kitchen at the moment. It would take me a week to what ive seen so far myself :)

Forgot to update this yesterday.

They arrived at 8am, and went around like speedy gonzalez and left about 12:30.

The place was spotless. Even all the spider webs on the lights and in the corners and in behind units, all gone. Even limescale that I could never get out of the toilets or off taps is gone.

The only thing that I would say wasnt sparkling are the floors.

When they left the floors were still wet as they did them last, but when they dried out they looked clean but were all sticky when you walked on them.

Had to mop the floors again myself.

But overall im happy. It easily would have taken me more than a week to do what they did.

Advertisement