Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

throat infection after sex

Options
  • 10-09-2021 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭

So Friday night last week I had pretty awesome sex with a very cute guy. We done pretty much everything as regards sexual acts.

Go forward to Sunday and I get struck down a very nasty dose of tonsillitis. I just can’t help wonder if I ingested bacteria from sucking him off or rimming his ass. Hope this doesn’t fall foul of the medical advice rule, I’ve got it treated regardless but I just wondered if it was possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Go to your GP, get tested for STDs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,344 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sounds like bacterial infection based on my basic medical knowledge

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭Jafin

It's possible he had had a case of strep throat recently, that he may have thought had cleared up but still had traces of. You could have caught it from him from something as simple as just kissing, rather than any of the other stuff. I'm not saying that is what happened, but it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

STDs wouldn’t show symptoms that quickly though would they?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

Not sure but even if it isn't an std you might need treatment. If this is someone new and your sleeping with them i would always recomended getting tested anyway.

Better safe than sorry right?

• Advertisement

Yeah I get you I have gotten antibiotics for the infection but the doctor I saw was from a part of Africa where MSM is illegal so I didn’t feel comfortable disclosing that. Perhaps I should have trusted her to be a non judgemental professional

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Did you ask the guy after if he had any illness or symptoms recently?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,155 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Ok, so it’s always good to get tested but, from my personal experience, I used to frequently get a sore throat after performing oral sex. I was in a monogamous relationship and there was 100% no involvement of any STI.

Simply put, all sorts of bacteria lives in your throat. The act of fellatio would simply disturb it all and the next day I’d have a sore throat. It did put me off doing it I won’t lie but you can work around it with your partner.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 karlonboards

Hey guys

i got a blowjob from a guy, is there a chance i could get an STD from a bj which lasted 30 seconds

Nothing else really, i wanked myself on him

What happened me was nothing to do with the guy I fcuked, just a coincidence.

I could go on for ages about the journey of the past few months over the whole thing.

@karlonboards go and get tested if it makes you feel better, I think it’s unlikely you could have anything but you can never be too safe

• Advertisement
Advertisement