Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morning traffic to Parkmore West

Options
  • 10-09-2021 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭

hoping to move to Galway soon - anyone tell me what traffic is like arriving at 8am ish from city centre to Parkmore, driving ?

Post edited by thesimpsons on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Big cat ? Small cat ? Any idea of length of time it might take the cat ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 se25

Welcome to Galway..Do you cycle 🙂 All depends on time of day. I live Knocknacarra, work in Parkmore evenings and can take up to 30 minutes on a wet school-day. From city centre during the week it may be a bit less but parking at Medtronic /Creganna can be another issue where you need to arrive earlier to get a spot. Bus from Eyre square maybe ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

• Registered Users Posts: 25,726 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Historically, September is the worst month: schools are back, colleges are starting and are at full enrolments. GMIT in particular has a lot of drop-outs after Christmas so things ease up then.

Of course this year has been different. I've only rarely been out there at (just after) 8am, and it was fine. Between 9 and 9:30am has certainly been fine recently (bus from the city-centre has taken approx 20 mins).

But this is likely changing as more places move back to (partial) on-site for office-workers over the next couple of months. Possibly it will be worse than ever, as more people choose to use private vehicles to avoid the infection risks of shared transport. And as others said, it used to be cat (is that just a local phrase for dreadful, or is it nationwide? I have no idea.).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Thanks all. Got sorted and stayed away from city centre accommodation. Looking forward to my next steps

Advertisement