Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Correcting 2021

• 07-09-2021 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering if anyone has been paid yet? No sign of anything here yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

Nothing here yet. The letter said we’d be paid within 18 working days of the end of the marking. That would definitely have been last week, unless someone delayed the sending of the forms of account by several days. Irritating, given that they said that in the context of also not giving us an advance this year. If you were conspiratorially minded, you might think that they’re trying to scare examiners off so that they can do away with exams altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

It's very annoying. I'll give them a buzz tomorrow and seeif I can get an update, if I don't get caught for s&s.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭am_zarathustra

I emailed them, got a generic....."yep we said 18 days but like did you really believe" that response. I wouldn't be holding my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

It is insulting when there was no advance this year. I'm going to take a guess that not paying an advance meant that a heap of admin staff were not going to be tied up at the start of July processing advances and were freed up to process the incoming LC supervision claims faster - and I did benefit from that - I got paid within 2 weeks of sending it in. But no advance and then not keeping to 18 days is crap. Shouldn't be making promises they can't keep. It's not a good way of retaining examiners.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,452 ✭✭✭History Queen

I didn't get a chance to ring today so no update here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

Colleague in another subject has been paid, my subject has not been paid yet.

Post edited by Random sample on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RealJohn

I wonder if the fact that I’m involved in the appeals (as I imagine many of you are) is their excuse for not paying us yet.

”Sure, we meant 18 days after [i]all[/i] of the marking, [i]including[/i] the appeals. [i]Honest.[/i]”

Edit - do we not have italics anymore? This new format is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Random sample

There’s a limited number of examiners involved in appeals, you get a separate bunk no and it’s completely separate. I don’t think it will affect pay.

Though I just read that the appeals are free this year, so we might all be back with full bunks!

It was Irish that was paid.

They were pushing for more people to sign up for the appeals this year and the point inflation will make it worse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

I'd say given the grade inflation that a lot of students got the higher of their two grades from the accredited grade so won't bother appealing. It's clear that teachers overestimate a lot of grades in comparison to the normal curve so I'd say a lot of students will take the grade and run. Far less students sat exams anyway, so proportionally the number of appeals should be down in comparison to a normal year.

Advertisement