Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,361 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Very similar team here.

I've currently 2 big defenders and three 4m defenders instead of your more balanced approach, although tempted to go your route --> TAA-Alonso-Duffy-Livramento-Williams

I've Greenwood instead of Jota and Sanchez instead of Guaita

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Only issue is this weekend, Raphinha will miss the game, as will say Jimenez, and then issues going forward with Brazil players - if you have Kelleher in goals for Liverpool - would you be confident of a CS, and if not TAA is very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I’d like to see Jimi do something before I hop on any wolves assets.

He might also be out this weekend, same as Raphina.

I’ll be looking at a one week midfield punt, Hub says Saka is likely to score highest

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 250 ✭✭SeamusAFA

Got rid of my 4 premiums.

Sanchez (Bachman)

TAA, Shaw, Tierney, (Ayling, Williams)

Salah, Dele, Torres, ESR (Gilmour)

Ronaldo, Ings, Antonio.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭KurtBarlow

My WC is almost finalised . Ive torn between a 352 with Greenwood or a 343 with Calvin Leywin. Who would you go with it ?

• Advertisement

Anyone else use the FFHub transfer planner?

Had a play around there with my WC team, turns out that while I think coady is the better pick Ayling is actually a better choice when I have White, TAA and Recce James

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Matip -> Semedo

Laporte -> Ben White

ESR -> Sarr

Benny -> Traore.

Still sitting with 0.8m ITB - Could get the 4.5m mid fodder to ESR if could find 0.1m somewhere :)

What are peoples thoughts on this team? One thing I’d like is double Chelsea defence.

Too early for double Chelsea D IMO. Plus the best one is suspended

Downgrade Livramento to Williams to get your 0.1

Not a popular opinion but I think Ronaldo greatly reduces Greenwood’s (and Bruno’s) appeal. Reduced game time, less likely to shoot as Ronaldo will be the focus of attacks

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

I agree and just going with Ronaldo in my wc team. I had Shaw, Bruno and Greenwood. I could get burned this week but I’m not worried long term as their fixtures turn soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

DCL for me, he plays through the centre, is on penalties and isnt a rotation risk (but be aware he is currently yellow flagged). His fixtures over the next 4 games are arguably more favourable than Greenwoods. If Benitez says DCL is fit to play I think he is the better option

I own Greenwood but will be watching the Newcastle game closely, I think given his goals so far that he starts but that he will be pushed out to the right in order to accommodate Ronaldo. That likely means he has less big chances and if that happens I think I'll be selling him before GW5. United have a heavy schedule coming up with the league cup and CL beginning soon so I think Greenwood will be too much of a rotation risk for the PL

I think DCL will be last year's Vardy - there seems to be a lot of people talking about him even though two of his goals where penalties, and he's only on the first one in a match if they get two (bizarre). How many goals a season do you reckon an 8m player should be getting?

Based on previous experience....

Expecting 20+ for players over 10m (Salah, Kane etc)

Expecting 16+ for players over 8m (DCL)

Obviously a lot pf players deputise those returns with assist like KDB.

Problem with DCL is same as last year, last year he got 16, but 11 of those were in the first 11 games. If he's got 3 already, another 13 over the next 35 games is about one every 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Currently thinking of this...

Christensen could become out for coady and allows for am additional .5 to be used elsewhere maybe?

Thought on Coady and White V Semedo and B. Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭trigger26

trent, salah, lukaku and ronaldo taking up nearly half ur budget is too much pressure on those lads to nail it every week, I'd take out of one those and balance out the midfield a bit more. The 2 playable keepers is a good move, crystal p good for clean sheets when at home

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Yeah I was looking at downgrading TAA to maybe city defense cover (stones looks a bargain but has he lost his place or just not fit)

I hit the wildcard button as I wanted Ronaldo, Lukaku, Salah and Trent. I’ve actually back tracked and put on DCL for Lukaku. IMO Trent, Salah and swapping between Ronaldo and Lukaku is the way to go.

GW 4-6: Ronaldo

GW 7-13: Lukaku

GW 14 - 27: Ronaldo

Obviously things can change easily but that’s the thinking for now.

Coady & White all day long, Arsenal have great fixtures, hopefully he'll drop to 4.3

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

I think TAA is a must tbh - assist machine & Liverpool concede few goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Gone with this. Probably a bit mad of me to start Kelleher and not save 0.5 on a bench Keeper.

I've 0.4 ITB

I’ve gone the other way and taken out Trent and kept the other 3.

I think the Chelsea defence is underpriced and 2 of them covers Trent & 4mil fodder for the year. Reece James has the potential to outscore Trent this year.

The problem I find with rotating Ron & Rom is that both are fixture proof and that while you think they’ll do their scoring in the lesser games that doesn’t always tend to be the case. Given both are virtually No.1’s they do have adequate cover who will get game time & that is more likely in the lesser games.

the CS element shouldn't really be part of the argument though - given there are cheaper pool defenders - some 2.5m cheaper in Matip.

So then does he get enough assists/goals to justify having him over a stronger mid field player and/or striker who are on form.

My opinion of this is no he doesn’t get enough goals and secondly Liverpool aren’t as free flowing as previous years & therefore there total number of goals will be similar to last year .. 65 to 70. I don’t see Trent assisting 20% of that.

Is Matip in anyway reliable though. His mins played and points total for the last 4 seasons are very low. Even for budget player. If you play excluding Trent right you can still do well like Chesty with the double Chelsea defence. Although I'd go Rudiger and James over Christensen and James.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭JPup

TAA plays like an old school winger. He whips in a lot of crosses. He's averaged 185 point over the last 3 seasons. Even in his bad season when he was out of form and the team had an injury crisis, he still got 160 points. Are there any £7-8m midfielders or forwards who can compete with that output?

But it's what his money gets you though - you can have say TAA + 4.5m defender =12m or you can have Dias and Dave for instance. Now over the course of the season i would expect Dias and Dave to outscore TAA and a 4.5m defender.

At what price would you say TAA isn't value - if he was 8.5m would you still buy him?

TAA is non-negotiable for me, the game is him and Salah and then 9 players.

VVD back this year is a big boost for him, and if you've seen Liverpool play so far this year, he's playing as an inside winger, like Cancelo was last year, far more invovled in everything.

Ok so what return does he need to get his year to say that it's been a success? If he's non-negotiable he's probably in your team for the season baring injury.

• Advertisement

I’d estimate you could get 200 off TAA and 100 off a decent 4.5 and 150 each off a Dias/ Azpi so it probably evens itself out lol

Advertisement