Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2011 Audi A6 central locking problem

• 03-02-2021 6:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

hi all

my son's A6 has a intermittent unlocking of the drivers door using the remote.

All the other doors unlock without issue and the drivers door can be unlocked from the inside when the problem occurs.

anyone come across this type of problem and what may need to be checked ?

thanks in advance

brendan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

v240gltse wrote: »
    hi all

my son's A6 has a intermittent unlocking of the drivers door using the remote.

All the other doors unlock without issue and the drivers door can be unlocked from the inside when the problem occurs.

anyone come across this type of problem and what may need to be checked ?

thanks in advance

brendan

In most cars its usually a faulty unlock solenoid in the lock mechanism. Using the remote requires that to work. Unlocking from inside the car using lever doesn't need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Sounds like the door actuator, mine was doing this for a while but since I sprayed a bit of lithium grease into it 12 months ago it hasn't happened since

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,462 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

If its anything like my A5, it will need a new door lock.
    Spraying oil into it helped for a month or two but had to be changed in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

This must be a common issue with VAG cars as I had the same issue with mine. Is it the case that you can still open the door from the inside? (press and hold the unlock doors button on the remote to wind down the windows, then reach in and open the door from the inside). If so, my guess is either the actuator module, or the bowden cable.

I have had both go on my car at various doors. Both issues result in the door not unlocking with the remote. You can regrease the bowden cable and see if that temporally improves the issue. If it does, replace the bowden cable, as it will go again after a month or so when the grease dries up. They are cheap (~25e ebay).

If you still have an issue, replace the door actuator module. These are pricier, but a scrappers should help.

Advertisement