Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rte player stalling

Options
  • 20-08-2021 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

hi

how are you? i find the rte live player constantly stalling. its on automatic viwing settings.

is this common to stall so much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,933 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Unfortunately yes, I've never found it stable, constant buffering and I've an excellent broadband service. It tends to be better on my mobile phone but not great.

The player was recently updated following a lot of critism but honestly, I've not seen much of an improvement.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭Tow

This is normal for RTE player.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭raher1

it works ok when there is a soccer match or the late late is on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

i find it works perfectly on my pc ,phone or tablet, using the app or using chrome browser. i,m using windows 7. it works perfectly on my phone ,if the browser does not work properly use the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,312 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The non ad version works perfect, issue is the way it's designed to provide adverts first and content 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,720 ✭✭✭lertsnim

It's been working perfectly for me for months now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭Talisman

I find it's great at playing advertisements but when it comes to playing actual content there's a lot of spinny-circle-itus and error messages about licenses.

Advertisement