Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Fantasy Football 2021

123457»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Sorry, missed your post. Yes we need 1 more to keep numbers even, including you we have 11 so would be good if we could get to 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Stevo93

Throw my name in the hat as well to help even it up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

OK, I think we have 12 now:

ssshhh123

Stevo93

Johnboy316

Bugg

CMcsporty

mikemac2

L.S.F

mooreman09

boccers

Evil_Clown

Justin10

Randi Wicks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

I'll set this league up today and send out invites.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Johnboy316

Cheers for that....joined the league there! When does it suit people for draft, Sunday / Monday night?

• Advertisement

Hi John,

Works for me, but I'll send out a poll to make it easier for everyone, just waiting for everyone to accept the invite. There is a boards division 6 league thread, to post in so we don't clog this thread up, should be near the top as I posted in it yesterday.

4 spots available in division 6, draft on tomorrow at 9pm

How may do you have in division 6 now? 12?

Yep all 12 have accepted the invite

Draft tomorrow night.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Had draft on auto i ended up with 5 qb's so i put in a waiver to axe a few and take diff players? Or how i change them? I have no def or kicker.

• Advertisement

There's a waiver period of a few days, 2 or 3 I think, you put a claim in for who you want, whoever has the highest claim in the order gets the player.

After the waiver period there is a few days usually where you can just pick up players without making a claim.

One players play in a game they go back through waivers.

Another option would be to try and trade players so offer one of your QB's to another team that didn't get a QB and try and get one of their players in return,

• Registered Users Posts: 46 m4gu1r3

Any chance of changing the "Waiver Type" settings for next season?

In my opinion, "Resets to Inverse Standings Order" is much more fair than "Move to Last after Claim, Never Reset". It is very difficult to improve your team with a low waiver priority than never changes from week-to-week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Division 3 was (accidentally I presume) set to NFL.com default of Inverse and is a huge improvement over last year. I started poorly in both years but have actually managed to put together a reasonable team this year compared to being stuck all last year til a couple of players came back from injury. Inverse order or FAAB should be the default going forward but these suggestions were ignored during last rules review for some reason.

Ignored? Please elaborate, all rule changes need to go to a vote and secure a majority before being implemented.

The last time rule changes were voted on (August 2020) there was no suggestion for changing the waiver order from what I remember. We voted on 4 rule changes:

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/114246518/#Comment_114246518

We last voted on this in 2018, when the results were as follows:

Move to Free agent Budget - 12.68%

Move to bottom of the list after you pick - 59.15%

Order should reset every week - 28.17%

Feel free to create a thread in the off season with suggested changes and we can vote again if there is enough support.

There are multiple posts suggesting the waiver change in the August 2020 thread (#16 followed by several other posts including my own #26) but these were not included in the final poll, perhaps due to the recency of the 2018 poll you reference.

OK, I'm not sure why it wasn't included in the poll, its something we can look at this offseason.

No worries, there was a fair amount of polls last time out and appreciate you keeping the show on the road each season.

Advertisement