Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where are all the taxis?

Options
  • 04-09-2021 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Over past couple months I've had about four separate occasions where it has been a monumental task to find a taxi in city centre around 11pm. This happening to anyone else?

I know that 11 is a busy time, but it's been 1-2 hours trying to get a taxi, and one of these times was on a Thursday. Don't remember it being this difficult so I can only assume less taxi drivers are going out because of covid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'd say until the nightlife industry resumes in full swing for late bars and clubs, it'll not be worthwhile for most casual or weekend drivers to bother circling the streets looking for the few fares available. A lot of drivers were non national and may well have returned to their home countries rather than try and survive on the PUP in expensive Dublin.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

We've never had a situation before where every single restaurant and pub has to close at 11pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Cill94

Both very fair observations

Advertisement