Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentists with extended opening hours (especially helpful if they can deal with anxious patient)

Options
  • 06-09-2021 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hey guys, I hope this isn't repetitive, I couldn't find any recent threads.

I was a patient in Smiles dental, (which has closed down unfortunately, anyone tried the new people in the same spot?) does anyone have any recommendations?

Open later or at the weekend would really be great, but also, honestly the understanding dentist part is probably more important as I have had to have a few dental surgeries of late and was in a great deal of pain (not at smiles fyi) I am a bit skittish and scared now but a broken tooth has pushed me to ask and try get this sorted out. I have a medical card also FYI. Thanks very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

I was in a similar position to you, and I ended up going to Williamstown Dental. Gus Papathomas is the main dentist there, and he is brilliant. I was an extremely nervous patiant & he made me feel relaxed. Once I told him I was nervous, he put me at ease. I've also attended the dental hygienists there who were also great.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,853 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was in massive pain last week and found it really difficult to get anywhere as places were booked solid. Chemists no help as i really needed strong pain killers as clove oil wasn't working. Thankfully got an appointment at Suir Dental in Ardkeen (which i used a few years ago) and they were great. Getting my tooth out which had a big abscess was not

Dental pain is the worst and your lucky you have a medical card. I would recommend Suir Dental

https://www.facebook.com/suirdental

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

I was in a similar situation, not keen on dentists and have been through quite a lot of them.

Needed emergency work done early on in the year and found https://www.tramoredental.ie/ to be really good. And also open on Saturday mornings, although you may need to wait a while for Saturday appointments as they are very popular.

Advertisement