Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nine perfect strangers - Amazon prime

Options
  • 20-08-2021 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,835 ✭✭✭✭

Can't see a thread on this...

Big cast, looks big budget....only watched episode 1...but not blown away by it so far.

Nicole Kidman is trying out a new accent along with a new face....

Its on Amazon prime.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Just watched first two episodes, it feels like a 3/5 so far, but a very watchable and glamorous 3/5?? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Same. Great cast. Easy watch and enjoyable. Enough interest to stick with it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

I'm watching this at the moment. I've watched them all so far so I'll see it through. Not brilliant, but easy enough watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

I'm completely bored with it now after six episodes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Wife and I like different types of series, thought this might be one would would both like, turns out we both thought it was boring, stopped watching after a couple of episodes, back to The Last Kingdom for me, and whatever for her.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,056 ✭✭✭✭beertons

2 episodes in, I hope I haven't seen the best of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Some enjoyable characters but it's just a mess. And what the hell did Kidman do to her face? It looks like bad CGI or something.

I actually don't mind it too much (the show, not Nicole Kidmans face). I'm definitely not dying to watch it once it's released, but I'll watch the last 2 episodes for sure. With only 2 episodes left, the next 2 kind of have to move quickly.

Is there a way to add spoiler tags to something in this new version of boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,570 ✭✭✭archfi

First two or so episodes piqued my interest but by #6 it's proving to be not very good.

As posters have said, I'll watch till the end but the last two need something amazing to rescue this from it's own arse.

And yeah, what has Kidman done to her face?? DuckDuckGo springs to mind.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Final episode aired in the last couple of days. Overall, worth a watch, but I'd be surprised if it got a second series. Some interesting ideas, but kind of poorly executed.

Yano I actually didn't mind it in the end. I thought the last episode was kind of exactly what I expected it to be and I didn't love it or hate it. I dunno where'd they'd even go with a 2nd season if they wanted to.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I had read the book so watched the first episode but it did not grab me at all. I don't know why there would be a second series: it's a complete story.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nine Perfect Strangers starts on Channel 4 at 10pm Wednesday 

• Registered Users Posts: 85,024 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Nine Perfect Strangers Season 2 Officially Ordered at Hulu

Advertisement