Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Vuelta a Espana 2021 Stage 19: Tapia - Monforte de Lemos (191 km)

Options
  • 03-09-2021 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭

I didn't see a thread...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,304 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

A lot of tired riders in the peloton but the average speed has been very high. They are way ahead of schedule.

30 km to go. Team Bike Exchange are controlling the peloton. The remnants of the breakaway are not giving up easily.

DSM and Bike Exchange killing themselves to get this back for a long time.

What happened to Jakobsen?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,997 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Louis Mentjies crashed out earlier after a great finish yesterday, shame.

This is lined up for BikeExchange to do all the work and Matthews not to win again.

Strange seeing Bardet on the front on the flat taking turns.

Jakobsen dropped early on on the hills at the beginning of the stage

Looks like the breakaway are going to do it!

• Advertisement

Amazing job by Craddock in the run in there.

What a Vuelta for Magnus Cort... third stage win. Great performance by his team mate Lawson Craddock to keep the pace super high for the last couple of kilometres to prevent any attacks.

That last 30 km were very exciting. The domestiques from DSM and Bike Exchange must be absolutely gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,872 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Even Bardet did a turn!

They put a lot of effort in - makes me wonder if DSM are assured of the KOM jersey now?

Or are there enough points available tomorrow for Storer to be overhauled by a rider from another team?

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Only Bardet & Roglic can overtake Storer.

Roglic is 11 points behind Storer but the only points that Roglic is likely to score is for the final climb and that wouldn't be enough.

It'll be interesting to see what DSM do tomorrow... will Storer and Bardet fight each other for the jersey?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,872 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

It's an interesting one alright.

I'm sure at a team level that their marquee rider Bardet would be their preferred winner but Storer has possession of the jersey and about to leave for another team I think... or maybe they'll adopt a "may the best man win" approach and perhaps we'll see some inter-team competition on the early climbs!

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Storer is going to Groupama-FDJ next year.

I'd imagine they'd prefer Bardet to win it, but I think the camaraderie and relationships in DSM are pretty good, much better tha other teams. Bardet himself has spoken of the good atmosphere in the team, so I doubt there would be any shenanigans against Storer. They probably will just let them both race for the win.

It's been a fantastic Vuelta for DSM in no small part because of Storer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,751 ✭✭✭Mefistofelino

Thought the DSM issues were sorted but that article is from only 3 weeks back so maybe not...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Gutted I missed it as I was in Padron and Santiago as part of the Camino.

Advertisement