Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021/2022 Wildcard thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,093 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

No imo, Lukaku to Anto and you've about 5m to strengthen 3 or 4 starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A great team for 2 pointers. The big boys would have to live up to their expectations. It might be more a case of having a certain number of heavy hitters and being better than others at swapping them in and out at the right times.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I'd love to see how it works out, so ya, go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The Ronaldo Newcastle worry is probably out of the way after him getting suspended for the Azerbaijan game in the last minute there. The Qatar game in between is a friendly so I guess he plays that and then heads off to meet Ole.

Or maybe he doesn’t play it with it being a friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Thoughts on my Wildcard team ?? I like my front 3 and my defenders but a little worried about the midfield. Traore looking class recently in his last game and Wolves fixtures are amazing but no FPL returns yet so it's bit of a punt. With Torres , it's the Pep Roulette that worries me especially with KDB & Foden returning.

Appreciate any feedback guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭eggy81

Current draft. I’m tempted by Auba for the run of fixtures. Surely Arsenal will start picking up wins in that run. Lukaku for that villa game though possibly without first choice defenders is hard to ignore

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

The changes I would make are:

Alonso and dier to two of Semedo/Regulon/Ayling

Traore to Raphinha

Duffy to Liveramento

Alonso, Dier and Duffy I don’t think are nailed and Traore is so exciting to watch but couldn’t finish his dinner!

Special consideration to Jota if Firmino is confirmed to be out for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

I actually had Raphinha in my previous draft but I haven’t really been impressed by Leeds so far this season. I might bring him in after GW4 depending on how he performs against Liverpool for Traore or Torres as Leeds also have a nice run of games.

Why do you think Alonso, Dier & Duffy are not nailed on ?? They’ve all played 90 mins of every game so far I believe. I know Chelsea have Chilwell but I think Tuchel has shown he favours Alonso and I’m a big fan of how attacking he is for a left back. Chelsea have also only conceded one goal so far this season which was a Salah penalty

Dier & Duffy seem to be in great form atm, why are they at risk of being dropped ??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,512 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You need Antonio, he's the premium forward right now.

Alonso will surely be rotated with Chilwell, when I don't know but I cant see Alonso starting 25/30+ games this season. My guess is Chilwell didn't take part in pre season as he was in the England squad, Alonso started the season well and is keeping his place for now. Also Chelsea have City and Spurs in 2 of the next 3 so in the short term the fixtures are not great. Although they do swing in gw 7. Chelsea have such a big squad full of quality the only player I'm interested in is Lukaku.

Dier would be close enough to nailed I suppose but Spurs signed a CB for 47 mill. He's surely going into the starting 11 but we don't know if it's for Dier or Sanchez. This puts a question mark over him for me.

As far as I know Duffy is a squad player for Brighton. He was loaned out to Celtic last year which didn't go well for him. Veltman was out with Covid for gw1 who is just coming back now. Also Burn and Lamptey will come back at some stage (unknown) and they signed a wing back from La Liga. Maybe his solid start will keep him in the team for the season but I wouldn't bet money on it.

They could all turn out to be great picks but I think there is some doubt over their places in their teams. You don't get another wildcard until gw 19 and it would be a pity if you had to spend transfers sorting out your defense after a wildcard. Alonso has a very high ceiling and could be worth it but if you go with him I'd make sure at least 3 other defenders are nailed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭eggy81

Yeah I think so too. I had him in so far. Just which striker to go with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Chilwell didn’t even play at the Euro’s plus Reece James & Jorginho have been back playing 2 games already.

I think Alonso is definitely worth going with as Chelsea are near on fixture proof defensively plus Alonso is an attacking asset. Add to that Chelsea are playing with a back 3 Alonso is as exposed defensively.

Livramento & Duffy as 4mil defenders are good playing cheap defenders who can come in when Alonso is rotated.

Im looking at Chelsea double up with Duffy & Livramento

Currently on this team. Can do Trincao & Gray to Torres & 4.5m to avoid benching headache.

What are peoples thoughts?

I would say go with a 4.5 (or 4.4) midfielder to allow you go from Alonso to Trent with a bit of tinkering. Trent has higher ceiling than Alonso still, and eh Chilwell creates real problems for Alonso's floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I've never played an early WC, so very unsure about what to do, I can get Ronaldo with a -4, but then Lukaku v Villa could be worth having. Bruno has already fallen back to starting price, so any future falls will impact. Is Pep resting stones post euros, or has he lost his place to Laporte? Dias seems to be most guaranteed player for comes at 6m, and his returns are usually capped, which for 6m doesn't seem like value.

Keep TAA or sell - can pick up 3 good defenders by spreading the money around, and/or upgrade other areas. Yes his ceiling is high, but at 7.5m what would you be expecting him to reach for the season. It's neigh on impossible to compare the impact of going without him as well, as the money is spread around the team.

West Ham have brought in a few lads, will that affect the way they/Benrahma plays. Likewise Chelsea went out and bought some lad does that affect Mount at all.

I feel like the wildcard is more often for those who are strongly considering 3 premiums plus Trent. If its just 2 of the premiums you want, or you're willing to sacrifice Trent, its much easier to get to the premiums you do want (obviously some people just hate their team in general so there is no one size fits all)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Saul? He strikes me as more a threat to Kovacic appearing at all if anyone is affected. I doubt he'd outdo Mount at his job.

Yea, not sure where i read it but someone said they thought he would provide competition to Mount.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nice team although not sure on DDG price wise and he could still lose his place although unlikely - if you downgrade him to a 4.5m keeper, grey to 4.5m player, and Marcal to Williams then you could have TAA over Alonso. Although i do like Alonso and he's better value if he plays similar minutes to TAA.

• Advertisement

I understand where your coming from & it’s probably a case most FPL players find themselves in. Is Trent worth the 7.5m

it’s basically Trent + 4.5m GK + 4m defender playing & a cheap sub or an Alonso + DeGea + a 4.5m defender playing with some sub coverage.

Trent hasn’t been producing the goods of late & it seems to be a case of all or nothing with this strategy. Add to this Liverpool are not free scoring this last few seasons has impacted his assists output. Alternatively, there are options to manoeuvre & jump around with the cash spread on 3 playing players. Jumping between 4.5m keepers (think there’s only 3 who play) & a budget 4m defender leaves you with not much wiggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Ninja Avenger

Just hit the wildcard button couldn't hold out any longer. Here's my first draft , pretty happy with it.

There are 7 playing 4.5 keepers - some have nice fixtures - like the Watford keeper. I actually had the same thing about TAA, I guess for your team, by downgrading one or two you won't have a selection headache each week. Going with DDG leaves the potential that Henderson comes back in as Number one and then you have to waste a transfer to sort it out. It's hard to know what will happen. It's also pointed out that Ronaldo probably won't track back so potential increase of United conceding.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Alonso is gonna be rotated lads, Chilwell hasn't gone away, he was unavailable for the first 2 games and not match fit for the Liverpool game. I'd expect James to get more games over the season than Alonso.

I'd expect Chilwell to get more games over the season than Alonso

That’s a very nice team, I would go similar but I have Lukaku and Ronaldo in so have to make some sacrifices

• Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

I promised myself this year I’d stay well away from Chelsea full backs. Got badly burned last year. Always owned the wrong one at the wrong time.

And yet here I am with Alonso in my wildcard team with a plan to switch him to James when he gets back from his ban. I’ll never learn 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

There's a decent chance of a 1 pointer from Alonso in the villa match if Chillwell starts as he probably won't get 90 mins. If he does start he could get a massive score though so it's a tough one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭remoteboy

God I hate this game 😂. Whatever I do it’ll be the wrong move. But I just can’t help myself.

Advertisement