Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cbd oil and restless leg syndrome

Options
  • 30-04-2021 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi everyone,
    I just though I'd do a post about Cbd and restless leg syndrome and share my experience because it might help out so many people.

I have suffered with restless leg syndrome for about 5 years now and I have tried everything from yoga to diet to runs to massage and nothing ever worked. I didn't want to go down the road of medication because I'm a little weird about meds. So I did a lot of research on restless leg syndrome and I started to come across more and more people talking about the use of cbd to help relieve symptoms.

So I debated with myself for about 2 months and my legs were getting worse at night, keeping me up to all hours. I would go to bed at 7pm knowing I'd have to get out of bed and walk 3 or 4 times before I could get to sleep roughly about 11 or 12 and sometime later. And I was disturbing my wife's sleep everyone I got out so neither of us were getting good sleep.

So I got the Cbd oil from Holland and Barret 3 days ago on my way home from work and I took my first dose at 7pm that evening and went to bed. I was asleep within an hour and had no symptoms of rls that I know of and slept right through the night with no issues. Obviously I was thinking this is all in my head but il take it. So next day I had 3 doses morning afternoon and evening went to bed and again slept right through and the same last night. It seems to work for me I'd be interested if anyone else uses it and had the same experience as I believed it needs to build up in the system before effects take place but worked instantly for me.

I will keep readers informed if there is interest in this thread but for anyone suffering from rls I recommend you try.

I have no affiliations to H&B or to any Cbd products or company's I'm simply trying to help other who suffer to and to see if I just got lucky or does it actually work because this will significantly improve my life and if my word helps other I will be very happy.

Thoughts????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭Wesser

Im.just wondering why you dont want to take medication but are happy to take cbd oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 R2potat2

Wesser wrote: »
    Im.just wondering why you dont want to take medication but are happy to take cbd oil.

Good question. I don't like long term medication, and the medication for rls is only for rls. But from the research I did on the cbd it works for a lot of stuff it's actually not approved for rls but it's supposed to be great for a lot of other stuff like stress relief, arthritis, OCD, and many many more things, and Cbd is just plant extract, and before any thinks I'm a pot head I haven't smoked weed since I was 20 and I'm nearly 40 now. But thank you for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Whatever the merits of CBD, being ‘just a plant extract’ doesn’t mean something is safe. Dangerous drugs like morphine and strychnine are plant extracts!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 R2potat2

Hi guys,

Just a follow up to my post. I have been using the CBD oil for my restless legs and I have switched my cbd oil to the DRHEMPME brand, they are Irish and their products are amazing it actually stopped my RLS. Also I had been working out quite a bit this year and have had a injury or two and it really help with the recovery time. If you guys are interested check out the website, I highly recommend and if you do try please comment back let me know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

cbd oil or anything else fine but did you actually found out the root cause of restless legs?

• Advertisement
Advertisement